Friday, October 8, 2010

Update

So we are on night 4 and he slept from 7:30-6:45!! Night 1 was the worst as he woke up several times and cried from 2-3:45. It really was awful. Especially when he woke up the next morning because he was hoarse. Oh it broke my heart hearing him cry.
Night 2 - cried for probably 15 minutes.
Night 3 - cried for about 5 minutes
last night - no crying! Success. Thanks for all the comments, it helped a lot, especially on the first night.
So on to happier stuff. My sister and I went to Maryland to go apple picking. You know, to do stuff white people like. If you think that sounds racist, see this (it isn't racist, it's satirical). We had a jolly good time. The weather was perfect and the fruit was delicious. I've been munching on apples all week. Oh yeah, and they had the most wonderful tomatoes. You can't get them like that in the store. Beautiful tomatoes come at a cost, and I'll willingly pay it for a little piece of heaven.

Silly me, I forgot a hat for my fair little babe, so we improvised and used a blanket to protect his strawberry head. He didn't mind. It makes him look like a saint, no?

4 comments:

the lunch lady said...

holy cow! 7:30-6:45??? you are spoiled! I hope he keeps it up! he's a champ!

Renee said...

I hope you get lots more sleep from now on!
That's so nice that you can get together with your sister there. Enjoy the beautiful fall there for me. We went to a pumpkin/fall event today and the sun was just blazing. It's not very fall-ish yet.

DT Stevens said...

So cute! I love following your blog.

LuAnn said...

Behind on blog reading...sorry I didn't help out with the crying, but looks like you got what you needed. Hard, but so worth it! As for the neighbors...if I was getting woken up in the middle of the night on a regular basis I'd be pounding on the wall screaming "don't go get your child let him cry so we can all get some sleep!"