Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Moving Sucks Part 1

For some odd reason Bill and I were really excited to start packing up our things. But after one night of packing we realized how much it sucks to move. We also realized how much stuff we have. I mean you have to have (and this is just for your kitchen) a George Foreman Grill, sandwich maker, waffle iron, toaster, blender, kitchen aid, deep fat fryer (for Bill of course), microwave. The list seems to go on since packing up my kitchen took a good two to three nights. Anyways, Chris has it right, he just pays someone to come and pack up there stuff and move to their newest apartment. Anyways, after 2 truck loads and approximately 3 car loads we are officially packed and at the parents. The next adventure will be getting all of our stuff in a small trailer and hauling to Chicago. Don't worry, what you see in these pictures is only half.

9 comments:

Nanette said...

Actually, Chris doesn't pay me anything to pack up our boxes. I start about a month in advance with all those books we have and then disassemble the bed about two weeks before we move. Our house stays trashed for a long time. Then, after I have personally boxed and labeled every box BY MYSELF, Chris helps the movers move a couple boxes out to their truck while I provide everyone with snacks and water and start cleaning up. Ya. it sucks royal.

Bill said...

Wow, those look like the pictures I took for MY blog. Easy-material stealer.

Kate said...

I love it Nan. You should tell Chris to pay you with new furniture. And Bill, you can still blog about us moving, nobody reads mine except my family. So go for it.

Mr. Beaver Mountain said...

Moving is for sucks! Liz and I have moved 4 times in the 4 years we've been married (this is not counting Jackson). One of the moves I had to do all alone. It was like being Nan except I also had to move the stuff and only had our car. It took me a week!

Farm Girl said...

Blah, blah, blah. Don't believe everything you read from Mr. Exageration. But, yes, "moving" begins with a great big capital SUCKS.

Mr. Beaver Mountain said...

I can't wait till you have to do the all moving all alone.

Anonymous said...

Katie, I LOVE your blogs. It's almost as good as being in the Harvey family room and listening to all of you together! Yes, moving is awful. Long before Dana & I were done packing up the house in California, I thought lightening hitting the house and burning everything to the ground would be a blessing. Glad you're all finished.

Nanette said...

Finished? Well, where's the all the tornado-like apartment pictures? I want to see more proof of the sucky move! You PROMISED! Liz--I hope you never have to move by yourself, and if you are faced with the possibility, I should send Chris out for penance. Although, Chris gets major points for UNpacking everything when we moved to Ca, plus more points for always setting up our electronic spaghetti that is our computer/TV/dvd/vcr/Nintendo

Kate said...

well more pictures didn't get taken for some reason, but don't worry there is going to be a part II and a part III, I'm sure we will have more pictures then.