Sunday, July 19, 2009

Poll Results etc

I can accept the fact that Red Vines are the preferred licorice. It's unfortunate, but as Kurt Vonnegut said "so it goes".
As for other news, I had an awesome, yet uneventful weekend. It was great because I took my bike (road) out for a spin, and though there were tons of people on the trail, it was a fun ride. I road up to the northside which made me realize how boring the southside is. On the northside, the beaches are way nicer, there was a triathlon (see picture above) going on, a volleyball tournament with around 30 nets set up for play, tons of food stands, soccer games, softball games, a sailing race, crews out on the river, and there was a nice golf course. Lets face it, as much as I like the southside, the northside seems vastly superior. It has it's own problems, but as a whole, it is nice. And during all these observations, I thought "keep your cadence up like Lance [Armstrong]" Yeah, I realized why those guys are pros. I was riding on flat trails and there was no way I could keep my cadence up to 80 (which is what the pros ride at) for any length of time. I suppose if I rode my bike more frequently, it would be more possible. So it goes.
I also saw Harry Potter, it was good, scary but good.
Poor Levi Leipheimer, no more tour.
And so it goes.

No comments: