Saturday, June 5, 2010

Happy Trails

Last night we watched the documentary "Ultra Marathon Man". Can we just say, he is crazy. In case you aren't familiar with this guy, he ran 50 marathons, in 50 days, in 50 states. Madness. But it was exciting in a way that probably only a runner would really appreciate.
I've been getting back into running, slowly but surely. In fact, I have my dream stroller to aid my quest of getting back into shape--The Bob, the Mecca of running strollers. Can I just tell you how much I love this thing...I do. I took my sweet babe out for a run this morning (it has a car seat adapter, so he is nice and safe, don't worry) and a mile into the run, it started to pour. It felt like the good old days of running- except that back then all I had to push was myself. It was most enjoyable and very wet (for me).
Speaking of getting back into shape, I got on the Wii fit yesterday and it said. "Hello Kate, it has been 359 days since your last session!" Then it told me that I didn't succeed in my weight loss goal from 359 days ago. Whose fault was that? I blame the baby.

Now I just need my dream car to haul around my dream stroller. The Audi Allroad Quatro, the sporty/luxury wagon. Too bad they are discontinued.

7 comments:

Danielle said...

Yay you got a Bob! I'm glad you like it. I can't wait to use mine! Well, I can... not ready yet... but I'm excited to use it.

Maggie said...

I hear you on the Wii. I don't really appreciate the same greeting when I start up Brain Age again on our Nintendo DS ("it has been x # of days since we last saw you, we missed you"). In addition, I'm an insomniac, so I REALLY don't like it reminding me that I need my sleep and don't stay up too late! I really like your dream car too - pretty.

Kalli said...

I read his book a couple years ago. It was amazing! And totally crazy. I loved how he would eat dinner with his family during one of his runs. The kids would hop out of their camper and run with their dad as they ate sandwiches. So cute! I also thought it was crazy how he would order a pizza, have it delivered somewhere along a stretch of road, eat it while he was running, and then keep going. Totally crazy.

Christa and Rob said...

Ooo I've been wanting to see that! And next time it starts raining, just pretend you can hear me cheering you on--you probably looked like such a hardcore mama out there with your stroller in the rain! I'm glad to hear things are going well and I can't wait to meet the newest Weaver!

JoSue said...

I would just like to take credit for the fact that I recommended that book to you....forever ago. :) I am SO bummed I missed that documentary. Will it be on again? Clark and I both LOVED that book and read it so quick. It really is amazing what he did.

ANYWAY, way to go getting back into running. For some reason I have this desire to do a sprint marathon when these critters are out of me. Probably won't happen but I can dream right? Any goal is a good goal I say.

Just tell Wii to get lost. He doesn't know anything. Love your stroller. Hope you are doing well. xoxo

Kate said...

I've been meaning to read the book for a while. But alas, netflix arrived first.
I'm embracing the wii insults, I need motivation. Staying in bed in the morning is so appealing right now - despite the nice weather.

Renee said...

I WISH I had a Bob stroller. The only problem I found with it is the shade is pretty wimpy, but I'm sure you've solved that by now. You are probably already in better shape right now than I've ever been, but I hope you get right back in your running groove.