Friday, August 19, 2011

Weavers in Real Life


Us in real life
My sister was kind enough to take this picture mid-sitting down. Looks like we are, well you can guess what I was going to say.


So I've been told that my blog doesn't really give an accurate picture of what our life is really like. Since you asked, I'll tell you.

  • Up until 2 days ago, my side of the bedroom was covered in dirty clothes. Much of which were sweaty crusty running clothes. Bill's side on the other hand was nice and tidy, as always.
  • I wanted to sign Asher up for a music class, but they are really expensive, especially for a 16 month old. So instead, we are doing our own music class. I'm enriching my son with the likes of Bob Dylan and Brandon Flowers. He'll thank me later. I'm still thanking my brother for a music education consisting of Pink Floyd, The Cure, and R.E.M.
  • We are in freak out mode around here, Bill resumes firm life in 2.5 weeks and counting. I'm probably freaking out more than he is. Okay, it's all me. I'm scared.
  • My car trunk is a storage unit for strollers. We currently have 3 in there. Usually just two, but a third has been added while we babysit our nephew next week.
  • I LOVE to eat out side, Bill hates eating outside.
  • My house is a disaster until 5 minutes before I go pick up Bill from the Metro. Then I rush around and pick up every duplo, dvd, stray cheerio and car and make the house look like we live in a museum. I try really hard anyway.
  • I miss being able to go to the bathroom with the door closed. Or by myself. Is 2 minutes really too much to ask?
  • I want to buy these shoes (in chocolate) for Asher. But alas, he will grow out of them before he ever wears them enough to justify the price.
  • I get weirded out when old people come over and "pet" Asher when we are out and about. I just pray that they don't want to hold him because this little pumpkin is big enough to take home a blue ribbon at the county fair. He is definitely a healthy little boy.
  • The drama between Asher and Cass never ends. I'm always having to protect the cat.
  • According to Asher, we have a At named Ass. He can say car, I don't know why he can't say cat or Cass. Maybe he is calling Cass what he thinks he really is.
  • I had to kill a giant spider the other night while Bill was out of town. I dry heaved 4 times by the time I killed it and cleaned up the guts that had squirted out. It was sick. I prefer to save those jobs for the man of the house.
  • Lastly, I hate sweeping. Our apartment has all "wood" floors. Keeping the floors nice is not something I excel at. Give me carpet any day (except in the kitchen and dining room).

Another less than perfect picture, no one is looking at the camera. Playing with sand is apparently really interesting.

3 comments:

Farm Girl said...

Love it! Although you forgot to mention your love affair with Brian Williams.

Kate said...

I do love Brian Williams. We watch him every night.

Clare said...

Ditto! Oh, Cami always dropped the first consonant off of words, so "castle" (said in two very separate syllables) made my sister's track team laugh many times.