Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Down with the Routine

By no means is this a "woe is me" post. I'm just sayin.

Is anyone else tired of the routine? I know I have it good, no, I have it great. I have a great little family, a great apartment, my husband has a great job, etc. But I'm tired of the routine of cleaning. Am I the only one who wakes up in the morning and thinks "ugh, the kitchen is dirty already, I just cleaned it last night?" or "I just swept and mopped my floor, why is every kernel of corn served at dinner littering the floor?". I know, having a kid = dirty. I'm just saying. Tell me I'm not the only one. It's mostly those two things. Laundry doesn't bug me, yet I always seem to be folding something. Vacuuming is fine, Asher thinks it's hilarious. Bathrooms, well I should probably be annoyed by them, I guess that just goes to show how often I clean them. But that darn kitchen and the floor. Ugh. I hate them. Though I like my kitchen. And the floors are nice too. Didn't we have kids to clean for us?Among other topics of the day. Asher refuses to feed himself anymore. As you can see here, the little turkey likes to hand his spoon to me so I can feed him. But if you examine the picture closely, you can see yogurt smeared on his face letting me know that at least he tried. Self feeding is inefficient apparently.

Last but not least, the above pictured child likes to scream. He is just exercising his vocal chords, but it is piercing. I think I have ended every day this week with a headache. On the other hand, said child is sitting on my lap playing with my iphone and dancing to the music that he managed to turn on. I like him. And I think it is funny when he turns on siri and siri can't understand his command. Neither can I, siri.

7 comments:

Ali said...

Dude, I hear you with this. The kitchen floor is my least favorite chore (well, that and dishes). They are the never-ending battle (folding laundry is close, but less dire if I don't do). And...I hear you on the scream. We've had a velociraptor, a banshee, and a teapot. Wonder what the next one will be? That phase stinks, but they do grow out of it.
Eventually.
Good luck, sista. I know it's worth it, but some days it's hard. I guess it is with any job, though!

nicciwoffinden said...

Laundry and dishes are my two dreads. Good for you on keeping yours to the kitchen:)

Danielle said...

Yeah, keeping things clean just feels so draining sometimes. The kitchen does feel like the hardest to keep up with. I've always hated doing dishes, but you know, it has to be done. Max and I have an unspoken agreement that once he gets home dishes are his job.

I know I should clean my kitchen floor more often with how much food gets thrown onto it, but oh well. I don't stress about it. When it gets pretty awful, I clean it. Otherwise, I live with it.

Kate said...

oy vey! Thanks girls. It sounds like the kitchen is a unanimous suck. I guess the only solution is to get a live in maid. Where is an Alice when you need one.

Ali - I like the velocirapter, teapot, and banshee. I think I've got a teapot on my hands. The more I ignore him, the louder he gets.

Diana said...

You should get a dog. Our dog is constantly cleaning the floor for us. I hardly ever have to mop. It's great. Except then you have to clean up after the dog.

Annette said...

I totally understand. If someone had explained to me that being a mom meant always cleaning the house, and always cleaning the kids, and cleaning the house again. As well as giving every spare moment you have to satisfy your kids' desires (like finding the one sock they just have to wear), I think I would have been very tempted to say no. I feel like I need a mom-break every couple of days or so. I feel bad getting them that often, but if I don't get them every once in awhile...it's not pleasant.

Kate said...

AJ - The gym has become a place of refuge. I can work out in peace and Asher can play with someone else for a while. All while ignoring my messy house.