Thursday, November 8, 2007

I'm in a slump

I'm in a slump, I can't bring myself to cook any more. Why is being a good little wife so hard? I look at my grandma Harvey and admire her for cooking every meal every day. I look at my Mom and admire her for cooking dinner every day, and then I look at myself. I made a goal when we moved her to Chi town to cook 3-4 meals a week. This week I've cooked one- Sunday dinner because the parents were in town. The rest of the week has been "Fend For Yourself" days. I guess it doesn't help that Bill gets home at 5 he says "I'm not hungry, they fed us at school." Stupid school, why won't they feed the wife too. I can't blame this slump on Bill, there is just nothing that I really want to cook or that sounds good. The only thing I want to eat morning noon and night is.....BREAD! How I wish there was an all carb diet. Oh Pioneer woman, won't you please come and save me- I need something exciting to cook! So I'm open to suggestions, comment away and I will guarantee a tasty meal when someone comes to visit!

And of course, all my meals look this good- that is when I cook.

6 comments:

Bill said...

I've been getting free food for weeks and this is the first week we haven't been eating dinner. Don't blame the school. Just say, "It's Bill's fault." Everyone will understand.

And besides, don't be so negative. You should be proud. We've had more dinners in six weeks in Chicago than in 2 years in Provo.

And like you said: It's a slump. You'll get out of it.

Can we have sloppy joes again soon?

tyler and ali said...

Welcome to the world of cooking-woman. Seriously, it's such a PAIN to try and think of a delicious meal 4 times a week, make sure you have everything on hand, and muster up the energy to cook it. It doesn't help when your honey constantly "isn't hungry"...what's the point in cooking for 1? It's then that we remember the blessing of cold cereal, sandwiches and ramen. Ah, sweet manna from Heaven!

Kate said...

I think my slump also has to do with the fact that I'm tired of grocery shopping. Maybe it is time to start ordering my groceries online. No more traveling around Chicagoland for groceries! And yes, we can have sloppy joes for dinner.

Erin said...

I love ordering groceries online. It forces you to plan and you don't have to carry anything home. I'm also a big fan of the magazine Everyday Food. It's only $15 or so for the year and they have great recipe ideas and cooking tips. It also helps me find new recipes so I don't end up cooking the same thing over and over again. :) I save them and cook out of the back issues all the time.

Good luck! We all have our slumps.

Farm Girl said...

I had a dream (no, really) that we started recipe exchange blog, and I was in the middle of creating a really awesome design for it when Derek rudely interrupted and woke me up. I will never get to see the final product or witness how this blog would have tranformed your life.

Mr. Beaver Mountain said...

sorry