Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Thanksgiving

I had a dream last night that Anne Curry from the Today Show was coming to Thanksgiving this year. Why you might ask, I don't know, but she and her family came, and we had a wonderful time. We talked about her trip to the South Pole, and about working on the Today show. It was very interesting. Then I asked her about her religion:
me: "Are you Christian?"
Anne: "No."
Me: "Okay, what about Buddhist?"
Anne: "No, I'm Malaysian."
Anyway, that was the end of our religion conversation, because after she told me she was Malaysian- as in her religion is called Malaysian, I was confused.

So Anne Curry if you are really coming to Thanksgiving, please RSVP ASAP and tell me what you are bringing.

In addition to the upcoming holiday, (and I'm not sure why this is relevant) we got a new shower curtain and curtains for the family room! Hurray! Oh yeah, this is relevant because the Dana and Maggie are coming and we are having people over, so now our apartment looks more complete.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell me how you put up the curtains so fast. Parker is absolutely taking forever to do it. Maybe he will if he knows how. It looks very nice by the way! Tell Anne Hi Love Suzy

Anonymous said...

Your apartment looks great! Can't wait to get there (although, I am more than a little intimidated knowing one of the guests is Anne!)

Kate said...

I just bought tension curtain rods, and you can stick them up in a flash- well Bill can. And don't worry, Anne hasn't RSVP'ed yet, so no reason to be intimidated. But I'll certainly let you all know if she does.

Mr. Beaver Mountain said...

I've always liked Anne and have wished she could play a larger role on the Today Show.

Speaking of the Today Show, Matt is one well dress man! I have a man crush on his suits. Not him, just the suits.

Bill said...

Of course, my ironing those dang curtains took an hour.

And why are people commenting on curtains and Kate's dreams and not my cow jumping the fence post? Come on, people, this is a serious issue.

Chelsea and Evan said...

Love the curtains! Can't wait to spend sometime with you guys during Thanksgiving :)

Anonymous said...

Dearest Kate, I'll be at your lovely apartment at ten sharp. Thanks for putting up new curtains for me. I can't believe you actually asked me to bring anything to the feast--I am a guest after all.
-- Anne

Nanette said...

Cute curtains! We'll miss you on Turkey Day! You won't be here to pour gravy and say something about dams :(

Erin said...

Love Ann Curry, Love the curtains. Have a great Thanksgiving!

Kate said...

Dearest Anne-
Don't get ahead of yourself. Although you are a VIP, there other plenty of other guests who will be at Thanksgiving that are also VIPs. And I didn't know that you had decided to come, what a pleasant surprise. Well I will see you on Thursday, and I'm glad you love the curtains!
xoxo
Kate

Whitney said...

Thanks for sharing the dream - hilarious! Happy Thanksgiving!