Friday, July 4, 2008

Good Food Friday

Forgive me for my lack of Good Food Fridays, because #1, it is too dang hot in Vegas to cook anything besides popcorn, and #2, I'm refusing to cook (I'm not going to re-buy spices etc, this place is just temporary), and #3, I have no appetite when it is this hot. But now that I'm in Utah, I'm eating again, it is so nice here. So today, I give you two recipes, a recipe for hot weather, and a recipe of normal weather.
Hot weather recipe: Blueberry Morning (cereal) + Milk = delicious
Normal weather recipe: Summer Sandwich
Please click on the link for fabulous pictures and witty writing. I'm stealing this from my sister because I've made it and it is delightful. So try it out.

Ingredients for Summer Sandwich
Portobello Mushrooms
Onion (red, yellow, sweet - they're all good)
Roasted Red Pepper (it is fun and easy to do it yourself, but you can easily buy them bottled)
Basil
Mayonnaise (again, you must use mayonnaise, don't use substitutes)
Provolone
Sour Dough Bread

***And so that you all don't forget, the delurking post is still good until I get back from D.C. on the 14th. So keep the comments coming, I promise, it WILL be worth your while!

2 comments:

Farm Girl said...

Mmm, your super cute sister has such good taste in sandwiches!

Tyler V said...

I am not a lurker, I'm just generally too lazy to comment, especially since I know my wit will never be equal to yours.
I like...anything with sugar. Right now a dark chocolate cake with chocolate ganache and raspberries and cream sounds good. Mmmm, I'd like to revisit alaska, or maybe just stick to the Jersey shore.