Sunday, April 12, 2009

Final Running Update....

It is time for my final running update. This weeks mileage was 31.5 miles. Thank you taper! All though I will say this has been a tumultuous week. I'm not starving like I was last week, but I've been exhausted, such as everyday during the 3 o'clock hour, I'm struggling to stay awake. Luckily, Friday was Good Friday, and my boss let us go home early, where I took a nap and slept through the Secret Lives of Bees for the 2nd time (the book was way better than the movie). Other than that, I've been kind of grouchy, but this seem to be a common symptom among fellow taperers. But it is time to get my head in the game and start visualizing my race. I hoping this is my year.
Here is what I'll be racing in on Monday, April 20, 2009. Unless it is raining and cold, than I'll probably wear the same thing I wore for my half. I might add some arm warmers and/or a tee shirt. Plus racing shoes and Garmin.

Can I just say that the most important part of my outfit will be my Garmin! Okay, the clothes are very important, but I would be a lost soul without this. And yes, it's old school, but I don't like the Garmin 405, too many buttons, and the price sucks. (no I wasn't trying to be artistic, I threw it on my journal, and decided to post it- voila)

Consider yourself lucky, I'm taking you on a racing ride. Sit tight.( couldn't find pictures of my 1st/worst marathon)2nd marathon. This was my BQ (Boston Qualify) race. I cried. It hurt so much. I think I'm the only one that would grace you all with my ugly pictures.

10k before Boston '07. Kate = happy. 10k = happy.
1st Boston. 1st Nor'easter. 1st cortisone shot in my foot.
Finish of 1st Boston. I'm crying, hence the squinted face. It hurt a lot.
I cried here too. Just thought I'd throw this in for good measure. I've turned into a cryer.
2nd Boston '08. Was totally worked over by the hills (thank you flat Chicago). I walked. I cried. I swore I'd never run another marathon until I could afford a coach.
half marathon, March '09. Kate = happy. Half Marathon = Happy!

Boston '09. I don't know. But I'm feeling good. I've got another week to rest. I've put in the work. I've done hill workouts, sprints, tempo runs, interval training, fartleks, and long runs. What more could I need? Well, a training partner. That would be nice. Cross your fingers for me. I'm going to need all the help I can get. And, this is the end of marathons..........for now.

11 comments:

Keith and Nicci said...

Good luck - I'll be thinking of and rooting for you!

Danielle said...

Amen to wanting a coach. Can't wait till I can afford a personal running coach. I need someone to help keep me running without getting injured...

Erin said...

Good luck! I cry at the end of marathons too, only I take about twice as long as you. :)

the lunch lady said...

you are addicted to marathons. I don't believe this will be you last.

And I was crying after the Uhaul picture too. But I waited until after you drove off. I was trying to be brave. =(

Diana said...

Good luck with the race! I'm so amazed by your determination and endurance. I wish I could do what you have done.

The Genealogist said...

Is that last statement a promise? I'm going to hold you to it.

S said...

Good luck! To run one marathon is amazing to me, but to run that many...you are SuperWoman!

Annette said...

Good luck Kate! No crying this time ;)

JoSue said...

Wow, I loved your marathon journey. It makes me sad to see you cry and also makes me NEVER want to run a marathon. You almost convinced me with the 10K picture. You are my hero though. In a week from today you'll be able to sleep in without guilt! You'll do great. We are rooting for you and I'll be tracking your progress while I'm at work, don't worry.

Violet said...

I can't wait to see pictures from THIS year! I'll be cheering for you all the way from San Diego, CA! :)

Renee said...

Good luck on Monday! I'll be thinking of you while I do really lame stuff :) No running skirt then? I heard it cuts down the amount of chafing.