Sunday, April 5, 2009

Running Update

Boston countdown.........2 weeks from tomorrow! This week I came down a little bit in my mileage to 45.3 miles, which is fine. I had to throw out a few miles because my foot was hurting. Oh well. I did a 15 miler on Saturday in beautiful weather and felt pretty good. I was able to do my run at or faster than my marathon pace. So hopefully with a couple weeks of rest, I'll be good to go!
What is scary is that I was watching a video of Kara Goucher (American contender for Boston) of a 20 mile training run she was doing on the Boston course and there was tons of hype, lots of news crews etc there to document it. She said "this is the most over-hyped training run, it is just going to be an easy 7 min mile run for 20 miles." Yeah, I wish 7 min miles for 20 miles was easy.
Anyway, I bought my racing outfit, I'll post it soon. I almost went with a running skirt but Bill had an aneurysm when I walked out of the dressing room in a skirt. Boo. I've always been skeptical, but the one I tried on was really cute and better than I ever expected.

Take my poll if you haven't already!

4 comments:

chel said...

I gotta say, those running skirts are great in hot weather. When your running in the heat and you like to stay a little covered they are fantastic. Good luck in Boston. And have a fun taper!

acandiedapple said...

I can't tell you anything about the performance of the running skirts but I think they are the cutest things! Love them!

Danette said...

I have to side with Bill on this one. I think they are the ugliest things on earth. Because of this, I can't tell you about their performance because I've never owned one. Good luck in Boston... you might see my dad there, (but of course you two don't know each other!) Can't wait to see pictures. You are my running hero!

Paige said...

I'm so excited for the marathon and seeing you guys. Good luck with the last of the training!