Friday, April 10, 2009

Poll Results

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/96/Williamsburg_restroom_sign_cropped.svg/600px-Williamsburg_restroom_sign_cropped.svg.png

Are you ready for the results of the poll? Drum roll please..................................
36 % said "Heck Yes, I just turn on my blue tooth and chat away!"
63% said "No way, I get off the phone when I've got to go..."
I'll be honest, I was surprised how many of you talk on your phones while you are going to the bathroom.
This all started last week when I walked into a restroom and this lady was just chatting away. So awkward. I suppose you could possibly, if desperate, talk to someone at home, but come on......in a public restroom. Boo. Please take your conversation else where. Because of her lengthy conversation I flushed the toilet 7 times. Just kidding, I didn't.
Then later that day, I was walking through the halls, and watched this guy rush to the bathroom with the newspaper in hand. Again, weird, read and talk at home, not in public. But if you ever watch How I Met your Mother, they did a whole episode on this, it is pretty funny.
Anyway, that's all I've got, so if you got anything to say, leave a comment.

7 comments:

acandiedapple said...

Oh good. I've been waiting to comment. I am one of those who is willing to talk in the bathroom but under certain circumstances. I will ONLY do it at home and ONLY while talking to my immediate family. I think you could get better results if you did the poll again but with more options. I imagine those who talk on the phone in the bathroom are like me and have certain situations where they are willing.

Kate said...

I can respect that answer.

Clare said...

I voted yes, but not always...If it's family or someone that I am "bodily function" friendly with, then I'll do it. :) But usually I save the flush for the very last and run out of the bathroom - if I'm in a public place anyway.

Melissa said...

I agree with Cami.

Violet said...

How I met your mother= awesome!

Kalli said...

I will never talk on the phone while going to the bathroom--but my husband does and it drives me crazy! Another bathroom pet-peeve: When people hold conversations between stalls or with someone just standing in the bathroom. Honestly, how busy can one's life be that they can't pause for one second for a little alone time? More rambling: my alone time is gone--I have a 2 year old. She is with me every step of the way, and we even do a potty dance after I go.

Renee said...

This reminds me of the women's bathroom on the 4th floor of the BYU library. There were TONS of people who had no problem eating, napping, and talking on phones while others made their bodily noises and flushed away. Gross!