Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Will it ever come

So there are some blogs that I read and they are crafty. I'm not really a "DIY" kind of person. I don't have a problem with it, I just lack inspiration and possibly time. But I was thinking as I was reading a post about collecting catalogs and ripping out the pages for inspiration, when will I have time to do this. I've had this idea before, and I've ripped out pages, but alas, they probably sit in a stack for too long, and then it becomes necessary to de-clutter. To the point. I always think, "when I quit working full time, I'll have time to do all those things I've been meaning to do".
Yesterday, I took the day off work because I worked all weekend. And after my failure to get a new license (forgot my wallet, w/ the old license), I came home and decided to organize my growing mound of recipes. I lost inspiration, and the pile sat there. Do you blame me? Hoda and Kathy Lee were on, I miss them! And I didn't clean my house, or make anything particularly delicious for dinner either. Oh yeah, and the fabric I bought this summer to make a blanket, is still sitting there, stitchless - but it has been washed.
I think I'm a lost cause. No amount of time will change my uncraftyness. Boo.

7 comments:

Whitney said...

I also thought I'd be more "crafty" when I stopped working full time, but nope ... I still don't seem to have any "time". I could give up some things like sleep or tv or computer, but I'm not willing to do that, so the lack of craftiness continues. :)

Kate said...

dang Whitney, I've lost all hope. You are the most productive person I know, and if you haven't gotten into that stuff, than I think my dreams are over.

Whitney said...

Whatever! Let's think positive ... how bout you ask some girls to come over every other week for craft night or something? This way, you set a time aside for it and others will also help to encourage and motivate you. And we all have different talents - I admire your ability to be an outstanding runner and you are a good reader - meaning, you've read a lot of good books and that makes you smarter! Now that I've probably embarrassed you, hope you have a great day!

Keith and Nicci said...

let's just say my relief society pres. in this ward banned me from her mod-podge since i was botching my craft so bad at our craft enrichment a few weeks ago... i've given up too... and i figure there are plenty of people who are good at crafts and sell them, so i'll try and help their cause out a little :)

Kate said...

Don't worry Frugal, I was told I knit backwards and I should give up on the hat I was knitting for bill. (love you l.o.) I think my crafting consists of squares and rectangles. sew a few corners = blanket, knit a few rows, voila = hot pad.
I guess my craftiness is watching the biggest loser.
Dang that Tracy!

JoSue said...

I don't even want to hear any of this!! Maybe you should post a picture of that fancy purse you made....and all the ADORABLE books you create. You are definitely crafty. Embrace it! I want to see a picture of Bill with his knitted hat.

Renee said...

I remember seeing the picture of the purse you made. It was dang cute. Crafty-ness will come when it's necessary.