Sunday, February 28, 2010

33 Weeks

Me at the car show testing out a nice little Volvo SUV. Good family car, no? Not happening, but I can dream.

Hi, it's me. Do you remember me? I only ask because no one sees me any more. You know people have wondering eyes. No, not particularly inappropriate wondering eyes, but they see my stomach instead of my face. I've lost my identity. I'm the pregnant girl now, whose coat is too small. See the picture. I put on a bright shirt so you could really see what the public sees. It's awesome. My coat fit like a glove when I bought it, now a better fit comparison is that of OJ Simpson trying to put a glove on a rubber gloved hand. It just ain't going to fit. (gross, I just wrote ain't.) Good thing it has been a mild winter here in Chi town because despite my coat being half open, I'm rarely cold.
Hope you like my awesome outfit. Nothing better on a Sunday afternoon than scrubs.
Remember when I was fun and did fun things? I just thought I would throw this picture in for fun. Or, so I could remember the fun me who wasn't tired just walking up a flight of stairs. Oh the good old days. But those days will be here again in approximately 7 weeks and counting.
Funny how short 7 weeks is, because when I was up to 7 weeks pregnant, I was dying of stress. Now with 7 weeks to go, I'm dying of heart burn. I'll take the heart burn any day.

(Don't be a Debbie downer and tell me that fun is a long way out once you have kids, you can make it work)

15 comments:

Clare said...

I've been waiting for a cute picture like this! I have that blanket ready for that little bundle of joy, and I plan on sending it out any day. Hopefully that any day is some time this week...

the lunch lady said...

ohhhhh!!!! so cute!!!!

chel said...

I'm glad I only had to deal with wearing a coat while pregnant for one week over Thanksgiving. And yes you can have fun with kids, we make it work. Just plan on more like 10 weeks!

Jobi Niu said...

kate!! I miss you.. You are SO CUTE pregnant.. My gosh! What are you having? I'm pretty miserable.. Can't wait to be done.. I'm getting anxious..

Melissa said...

Love, love, love the belly too cute. Don't worry once you have the baby people won't even look at you just the cute little one in your arms or stroller. To be honest no one looks at me anymore just Lucas.

Chelsea Olson said...

You look so cute!!! Such a fit mommy!

Lauren said...

So cute. I love it. I can't believe you only have 7 weeks to go. I'm so excited for you!

And side note, have you tried Zantac? My dr recommended it and it worked wonders for my heartburn.

Kalli said...

I love your belly! And at least you haven't had to transition over to your husband's coats. Those never look very good. And you can DEFINITELY have fun with kids! I had a friend go on a backpacking trip with her little boy when he was just a few months old. That's when they transitioned to cloth diapers. So don't worry, TWO kids is where life ends.

And maybe you should think about getting really sick. That way you could only have a couple weeks left. Think about it.

Erin said...

1. You look awesome.
2. Zantac 24. I live off that stuff whist pregnant.
3. Kids are crazy and will ruin your furniture, but are great fun and alway up for a new adventure.
4. See you soon-ish.
5. Good luck!

Farm Girl said...

Your little red tomato belly is so cute peeking out of your sleeping bag, ahem, coat.

As I continue to grow and my coat continues to get tighter, I'm really looking forward to the end of coat season.
Of course jacket season is next...

Kate said...

Oy, 10 weeks is more realistic, but 7 weeks just sounds nicer.
Jobi, it's a boy!
Kalli, I think bill would have a hernia if I moved onto his coats. I've already taken over his pj pants and some shirts.
Farm girl, everyone here in Chicago wears a sleeping bag. In fact, you could insert the head of 5 different girls faces in the ward and have the same picture.

Camille said...

you look great, kate! i think i was your size when i was about 25 weeks... but i have twins! hopefully your last few weeks aren't bad!

JoSue said...

Wow...so glad to see some pregnant pictures of you! I mean, it's awkward posting them but we all love it. Obviously. You really are looking great. I'm so glad Bill is going to be done with school soon and you guys can have the summer just to enjoy your new little one. Now we need you to post a baby picture of Bill so we can get a feel for what this kid is going to look like! :) Don't worry, I have very vivid memories of fun Kate which will never be lost.

Ali said...

CUTE!! I love pregnant pictures. I hear you on losing your identity...don't worry, it only gets more pronounced once you have the kid. And you can have more fun once the kid is born. Usually. They're quite portable for the first 4 or 5 months, until that whole "routine" becomes essential to everyone's sanity.
I survived the heartburn with either prevacid or prilosec (I can't remember which one, but it's really REALLY worth getting a prescription and forking over the $$ so you can eat food and sleep without wanting to die of heartburn, imo). You are so cute!

Nanette said...

Woo hoo! Finally! A prego picture!
Be happy you have one! (I only have one of me)