Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The good and the bad



This is what my life has come to. Trying to get work done on the computer. I use to term work lightly, you know, catching up on my google reader, looking for blessing outfits- yes it's true, we've yet to agree on one. I gave birth, I should have the last word, no? Anyway, to get "work" done, I've strapped my boy into the baby bjorn and lucky me, as soon as he was in, he fell asleep. I love it when he sleeps!
Few things have happened lately, mostly things of the tragic nature (except my sister coming for a quick visit, that was great!). We'll start with the positives.
Good things that have happened:
1. Sister came. Very fun.
2. My babe is finally napping. Hallelujah.
3. I'm still eating chocolate. Thank goodness.
Bad things that have happened:
1. Dish washer. The dish washer is broken again. Bla, I hate it when this happens, the time frame for it being fixed is 24-48 hours, that means 72. What else does that mean, dishes are stacking up and I don't want to do them. Paper plates anyone?
2. The weather. It's cold and rainy out. What does that mean, our (as in me and the babe) outings are limited, or non-existent.
3. Air mattress. Out air mattress has a leak...as usual. This is our third air mattress in as many years. Why? Why? They are too expensive to have to replace after every other guest that comes to visit. Okay, so maybe we've gotten more use than every other, but it seems that frequent. And did I mention that they cost too much to replace frequently, oh yeah I did, well I've said it again. Can't someone make a more durable mattress, or lower the price of real mattresses and we'll buy another bed.
4. The bar. Bill started studying for the CA bar on May 1st. The schedule for bar study is everyday, including Saturday and Sunday. What a bummer.
5. My hair. It looks atrocious. I know, this is a frequent topic on this blog, but hair can make or brake you. I had a hair cut scheduled for the week before my due date. But then the Sunday before the appointment, I decided to cancel. It turned out to be a good move since the babe came early.

5 comments:

DT Stevens said...

Katie, how wonderful it is to be a mom isn't it? Even though you have no life because of a new born. Sorry about your air mattress, the weather and everything else. your hair looks fine though. I haven't checked your blog in a while and I thought you were carrying someone else's baby. lol. Anyway Asher looks gorgeous. Congrats!!!

Danielle said...

When you mentioned a blessing outfit, I thought, "Oh right. Blessing outfits." The thought had not even crossed my mind until then. I think we'll just keep it simple and go with a white onesie. :)

Can you believe I've been planning my hair cuts around my due date for months now? I figured I'd need two before the baby came so I tried to figure out the best timing for the first one so that I could get another one a few weeks before my due date. I definitely want to get that in before he comes!

JoSue said...

Hopefully you meant June 1st for Bill's test.....otherwise he already missed it! :)

Ok, we bought a double chamber air mattress, so it sits up higher. Maybe you've tried that but we're convinced that we've avoided that problem because it's doubly high. Who knows. One of those annoying things in life...like nails in your car tires. When are you going to bless the little guy? I have Clark's blessing outfit you could borrow. His grandma made it...it's a little suit. Adorable. I'm sure you'll want your own but just throwing that out there.

Your hair looks great by the way. Hopefully it doesn't FRIZZ out like mine does. Horrible.

JoSue said...

Nevermind, i re-read the BAR comment. He STARTED studying on May 1st....gotcha!

Renee said...

I feel for you! Britton was studying for his qualifying exam right before and after Will was born. It sucked. But good luck to Bill with the bar. I'm sure he'll be well prepared.