Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Couponing...SOS

So I've been trying to be a good little saver and use coupons. I saw a lady at Target using coupons and when I started paying attention, her bill was at $98, after all her coupons were entered in, her bill was $43. I like saving money, but I've never had success like that. Maybe $5 here or there. Here is the problem, I look at couponing website and they have deals on stuff I don't buy - pop tarts, weight watchers frozen ice cream bars, oreos, gluten free food. Don't get me wrong, I love oreos, but I don't have room to buy 2 things of oreos to save $1. So what is the secret? I swear Target never has coupons out at the same time a manufacturer has coupons out. Should I start getting the Sunday paper? Any websites that are a must? Tell me, please! Because I just don't know.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

thekrazycouponlady.com
shopathome.com

These two site alone will give you all the links to all the manufacturer's coupons. I am just starting the coupon fad myself... it's kinda fun. :)
-Jamie

Ali said...

hip2save.com

You have to get multiple coupons to be able to stock up and make the deals worth it...but a lot of the stuff is for pop tarts and junk like that. It can be addictive (both the junk food and the couponing...)

Erin said...

Ok, this is a very timely post. I've just started to try and be more frugal. I'm like you and really don't want to stock up on 20 boxes of pop tarts, so i'm going to try and focus my couponing on household needs like TP, cat liter, etc. Also trying to work on getting canned goods and cereal...although the more cereal I buy the faster my family eats it so I think I'll just make them eat oatmeal! I was looking at a website called coupon101.com and they had some good tips. I'm also subscribing to the paper-- a first!
Good luck. Can't wait to hear your tips as well!

Clare said...

Couponing doesn't work so well for me since I live in the middle of no where. I think I may get into the register rewards or whatever at Walgreens because then I can stock up on a lot of health and beauty type stuff. The problem is, Walgreens is 15 minutes away, so it's not necessarily convenient. Good luck!

takin' pictures said...

I found this fabulous site with tutorials that may be of help...

http://savvyshopperdeals.com/utah/