Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Best you can be

My baby helps me to be the best that I can be.

He prevents slothfulness:
  • Apparently 6:15 AM is wake up time. Sleeping past 7 is a waste of a day. Doesn't he realize that the Today show doesn't even come on until 7?
He helped Bill with child proofing duties (see picture above):
  • We have one kitchen entrance gated, but not the other. He discovered the other entrance, and he also discovered cat food.
He helps me keep a tidy house:
  • He grabbed my little bag of Doritos while I was checking fb. Of course half the bag was crumbs (thanks Cass for lounging on all the chips), and so he picked up the bag and swung it with all his might. Bright orange crumbs everywhere. I vacuumed the rug, the couch and swept. Family room cleaned, check.
He helps me stay strong:
  • He helps me stay strong by climbing all over me while doing pilates. Nothing helps your core on a plank hold like 19 extra pounds on your back.
He helps me to be productive:
  • Leaving the computer open on the couch for Asher is like a moth to a light. He can't resist it, he will pound on it. So we stay busy doing other things.
He prevents gluttony:
  • He likes food. He likes to try new food...that we're eating. He gets grumpy in the evening, and doesn't like peace and quiet during dinner. He likes to be involved, and yes, he will have a bite of your mashed potatoes.
I just might be able to keep all of my new years resolutions.

3 comments:

the lunch lady said...

he's so cute. maybe he should go on the motivational speaker circuit!

Erin said...

I love this post. Made me smile :)

Tracy said...

I love reading your blog.