Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Happy Mardi Gras

Happy Fat Tuesday! When I was working at the University, one of the Doctor's wife was from New Orleans and she always had a couple of King Cakes shipped to their home. They were gracious enough to share this delicious tradition with all those in our department. So this morning, I sat dreaming about a King Cake and decided to do something about it. I googled King Cakes in the DC area and found a bakery selling them. So when Asher woke up from his morning nap, we trooped over there to partake in the Fat Tuesday tradition. We headed from the bakery to my sister's work to surprise her with our find. Twas a joyous occasion.


Bill found the baby Jesus. Tradition states that whoever find the baby Jesus baked into the cake has to buy the King Cake next year. I will have to help him remember.

No comments: