Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wiffle Ball Home Run Derby

Opening day in the baseball world starts tomorrow. Get excited, everyone! To celebrate the impending baseball season, we had a wiffle ball home run derby with my sister's family. Many home runs were hit and many wiffle balls were broken. We take our games seriously, you should see us playing Mario Party, we are 100% competitive in everything we do. Okay, so that was an exaggeration. But, as always, we all had a grand time.

Lets start the season out with our traditional baseball picture.
Circa 1993? I'm taking a wild guess, I really have no idea.Circa 2011, some things haven't changed. Should have gotten in closer (my bad), but he is still as cute as a button.
The babies were set up on a picnic blanket with some snacks. Asher opened the can and poured the puffs all out so that he and his cousin could enjoy snacks to their hearts desire.
Me, hitting a home run. It's what I do best. Well at least we can see that I did hit the ball. The Royals hat must have been my good luck charm. Or Bill, the photographer, used some camera magic to make it look like I hit the ball.
Occasionally, the babies watched long enough to cheer on whoever was batting. And enjoy a bag of cheerios.
As you can see, it was a serious game with no less than 2 cameras on the field documenting at all times. The babies decided they were tired of watching baseball and demanded to be read too, specifically the touch and feel books. Who are we to deny a good book?

2 comments:

The Genealogist said...

I love this post.

Renee said...

Happy spring and baseball season! Will is a little confused. He insists he's the baby in the orange jacket.