Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Cherry Blossom 10 Miler

This past weekend, I ran the Cherry Blossom 10 miler with my friend from our ward. It went better than I ever expected. I was a little concerned that my goal time was a little lofty for the type of training I had been doing for this race. We don't have access to a gym right now, and so quite a few runs were canceled due to the weather, or because I was sick (4 times within 6 months). Despite any of the setbacks, I was very pleased with the outcome of the run. It was a fun course which started at the Washington Monument, ran over the Memorial bridge to Arlington Cemetery, ran by the Watergate Hotel, back through the Tidal Basin and back to the Washington Monument. I even managed to run it 30 seconds faster than my goal time.
My running partner. We've signed up for the Baltimore marathon and half marathon. I'm the half, I'm over running marathons right now. Imagine that?
Asher did not have as much fun as I did. In fact, he was pretty miserable the whole time. Many cheerios were eaten to hold of the crying. It was a little chilly to be standing around.
I'm in the blue. Bill says I'm really good at running behind people just when he is trying to take a picture. Whatever. I wore my new Nike LunaRacers for this race, and despite have a great training run in them, I had monstrous blisters on my toes afterwords. Disappointing, but they look pretty sharp and fast.After the race, Bill and I saw this lady walking up the hill carrying her dog like a baby. It was pretty funny, no? The dog seemed to be enjoying the ride.A post race family shot. Washington Monument in the back ground and Asher crying, he had had enough.

6 comments:

Dem, Mem and Them said...

You rock, that's all I have to say:)

Dem, Mem and Them said...

Ummmm....these comments are actually from Nicci W., but I must not have signed my mom off of blogger - sorry! There's not a weird person stalking you:)

Jobi Niu said...

Good Job!!! You have a SMOKIN hot body. You go.girl! Your lil guy is SO DANG CUTE!!! How are your blisters? OUCH.

Paige said...

Yeah, go Kate! I was wondering when we'd get another running post.

Christa and Rob said...

i Loooooove your shoes! And they look so totally wicked fast. That's probably why you did so well. :) Some day I want to have run #2 with Kate at some fun destination race. Let's start dreaming big. Where do you want to go?

Kate said...

Christa, we need to find a race! Preferably in the Virgin Islands or Puerto Rico. Are you in? Any race will do....