Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Washington Visit

While we were in Washington, we didn't do the usual touristy stuff. We stayed away from Powell's bookstore, we didn't go shopping, and we didn't go to the zoo. We had our own fun just hanging around the house as a family and enjoyed all the animals in the area. And there was a lot more animal interaction there than at any zoo I've been to.
Asher working hard on the farm.
We visited some neighbors who have 2 mini horses, cows, a deer, and breed Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.
Cow
You can see 4 puppies in the fence, I think they had 7 there at the time. Click on the picture for a better look.
Jumping mini horses, this little horse was a fireball and showed us how it is done. I think my parents have a picture of me that is very similar to this horse - jumping with my long mane of hair flying behind me.
Bill's parents have bird feeders w/ seed and humming bird feeders in their backyard and the birds were plentiful.
Bill with his dog sister, Emma. They love each other. Emma loves to sit in the recliner on your lap, all 60 lbs of her.
One of the new cats at the Weaver farm. Chester was so patients with Asher and he loved to sleep on whoever was around.
Asher loved all the animals (and he clearly loves his dad- he is giving a big squeeze). Not pictured were the regular sized horses next door or the bunnies scampering around the yard, and though Emma made the blog, the other golden retriever, Cashew, didn't. Please forgive my negligence in picture taking during this trip.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

I love your post. It really represents how I feel about our little corner of paradise. Your visit was the best.