Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Boston

We took a quick trip to Boston last week as a last hurrah before Bill returns to the firm. Why Boston, because we love that city. I realized that this was our 4th trip there together. Plus it is an hour plane ride. Puerto Rico would take 7 hours of traveling, and there were hurricanes. But like I said, we LOVE Boston.
So we hopped on a plane and had the smoothest ride possible with a 17 month old. Thank you match box cars, and thank you Paige for the idea. They provided hours of entertainment.
We attempted to take a ferry out to one of the islands around Boston, but alas, they don't go to that island on Fridays. Whatever. Luckily, the boardwalk was entertaining and the aquarium was right there.


We all loved the aquarium. I was surprised that Asher enjoyed it as much as he did.
Of course, that evening, we had to go to the famous Pizzeria Regina in the North End for some delicious pizza and Mike's Pastry for the BEST whoopie pies in the country. Trust me, I've tried a lot. No one compares, not even the Amish's. I ate every last bite, all 2000+ calories of it. Be still my soul. (Bill had the chocolate fudge cupcake, also delicious.)
The next day, I had a hankering for pirating. So we headed over to the USS Constitution (aka Old Ironsides).

And alas, of all the trips we've made to this grand city, we'd never made it to a Red Sox game. But we made it this time and had a ball. This was also Asher's first baseball game.
Dare I admit that we had such a good time, I'm almost ready to become a Red Sox fan?? I've been to see the Royals, White Sox, and the Nationals and non of the fans love their team as much as Red Sox fans. It was awesome. (Don't hate on the Royals, they are awesome.)

Someone explain to me how Asher could sit through 3 hours of baseball (first 6 innings) just fine, but not even an hour for sacrament? He did love all the cheering, he felt like a superstar. Of course the crowd was cheering for him, not the home runs that brought the score to 12-3. Poor Rangers.
And now we are back in DC. It is raining and we are stuck inside. Boo. And Bill is at work. Here we go, I guess this is the rest of our life. No more limbo of when the real world starts. This is it.

2 comments:

Lindy Yam said...

Looks like a lot of fun! We went to Boston this summer and I seriously fell in absolute love with that chocolate fudge cupcake. Amazing!!!!!!!!

JoSue said...

Wow what a successful trip!! I'm so happy it went smoothly and you all got to enjoy some family time before real life started. I hate real life. Why can't our husbands stay home all day without working and still get paid? Wouldn't that be nice.

Wish our kids could play together sometime. I have a feeling Asher and Caleb would get along pretty well. :) Good luck to Bill starting full steam at work!