Opening day in the baseball world starts tomorrow. Get excited, everyone! To celebrate the impending baseball season, we had a wiffle ball home run derby with my sister's family. Many home runs were hit and many wiffle balls were broken. We take our games seriously, you should see us playing Mario Party, we are 100% competitive in everything we do. Okay, so that was an exaggeration. But, as always, we all had a grand time.
Lets start the season out with our traditional baseball picture.
Circa 1993? I'm taking a wild guess, I really have no idea.Circa 2011, some things haven't changed. Should have gotten in closer (my bad), but he is still as cute as a button.
The babies were set up on a picnic blanket with some snacks. Asher opened the can and poured the puffs all out so that he and his cousin could enjoy snacks to their hearts desire.
Me, hitting a home run. It's what I do best. Well at least we can see that I did hit the ball. The Royals hat must have been my good luck charm. Or Bill, the photographer, used some camera magic to make it look like I hit the ball.
Occasionally, the babies watched long enough to cheer on whoever was batting. And enjoy a bag of cheerios.
As you can see, it was a serious game with no less than 2 cameras on the field documenting at all times. The babies decided they were tired of watching baseball and demanded to be read too, specifically the touch and feel books. Who are we to deny a good book?
Wednesday, March 30, 2011
Sunday, March 20, 2011
I thought I would do a little post on the babe. He is eleven months old, so I'll post 11 things about him.
1. He loves to scream....out of joy. At Church, at the store, at home, whenever he is happy and there are people near, he will scream for fun. I'm sure all the people around us love it.
2. The entertainment center provides hours of entertainment. Were these pieces of furniture created for small children, I think so.
3. He has 5 little razor teeth.
4. He will eat just about anything. In fact, I can't think of anything right now that he won't eat. But he loves whatever Bill or I are eating the most.
5. He doesn't walk yet, but he does cruise around the room with the aid of furniture.
6. He has had 3 haircuts in his short life. How do you tame the untameable, we are still trying to figure that one out.
7. He loves to talk. He says mom, dad, and nana (banana).
8. He is a great help when it comes to laundry. He is great at gathering up all the socks, tasting them, and maybe crawling around with them in his mouth until he decides to try another sock.
9. Along with screaming, he loves to wave at people. He has no concept of stranger danger.
10. He loves the cat. The cat hates him.
11. He is excited for nursery, and so are we.
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Happy Fat Tuesday! When I was working at the University, one of the Doctor's wife was from New Orleans and she always had a couple of King Cakes shipped to their home. They were gracious enough to share this delicious tradition with all those in our department. So this morning, I sat dreaming about a King Cake and decided to do something about it. I googled King Cakes in the DC area and found a bakery selling them. So when Asher woke up from his morning nap, we trooped over there to partake in the Fat Tuesday tradition. We headed from the bakery to my sister's work to surprise her with our find. Twas a joyous occasion.