Friday, September 18, 2009

New To Me

Last night, Bill and I met a friend for a most scrumptious dinner. It was a formal dining experience, which is always too bad, because requiring nice clothes seems to illicit a feeling severe awkwardness when you pull out your camera to ooh and aah over your food. Boo.

To the point. I wore a really cute dress suit to dinner that my cousin gave me. I love it. And I love hand-me downs. I can always use something fresh and new to wear whether it is new or used. But then I thought about it in reverse. Why would I want to anyone want my clothes? My clothes are ugly and boring. But one mans "trash" is another mans treasure. My cousin didn't want this suit any more for whatever reason, maybe she decided it was ugly, but I like it.

So my question is, do you like to be a recipient of hand me downs? Go take my poll, you'll like it.

5 comments:

Danielle said...

I snagged a great green jacket from some clothes Marianne Larson gave to the YW that the girls didn't want. I don't know why Marianne didn't want it anymore or why the YW all passed it up, but all the better for me! I wear it all the time and I love it!

I don't come across many opportunities to receive hand-me-downs, though. But I have gotten some great second-hand stuff.

Clare said...

Wasn't that our slogan freshman year? Heck, if it's for free it's for me is still my slogan.

Ali said...

Seriously, I live for hand-me-downs. For me and for the kiddos.

Whitney said...

I scored some clothes from Suzy once - I know, lucky me! I have gotten many compliments on the few items I got from her. Thank you for that!

LuAnn said...

I didn't find an appropriate answer on your poll for me. I'm rather selective with receiving hand me downs so I can't say if its free then its for me, but I've also scored with Suzy...and Melissa Resch! If it is something I like I think I like it even more cause it was free.