Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Final Countdown

This is our last week house sitting. I have mixed emotions, I can't wait to be back in my own apartment with my own stuff, that works and that I like. But there are some things I'm really going to miss. I've been spoiled for the past couple of weeks.

Things I will miss:
*a garage. enough said.
*gas range - this is a must have when the day comes that we can buy a house.
*a yard - remember the deep fried oreos, we fried them outside in the back yard, because we could...and because frying smells up the house.
*washer & dryer. again, enough said.
*cleaning lady. She comes on Fridays apparently, because when I get home from work, little cleaning fairies have made the place sparkle. (and she vacuums up the dog hair, which is great because there does not seem to be a vacuum in the house for us to do it.)
*10 minute walk to work. I come home to have lunch with Bill everyday, and I L.O.V.E. it.
*oh yeah, I will miss Molly too.

Things I won't miss:
*Molly whining to go outside at 6:15 AM.
*Evil step neighbor (doesn't the step make her sound more terrible?) who complains about dog being let out at 6:15 AM.
*Molly only barks at the house with the evil step neighbor.
*the incredible amount of hair Molly produces!

Oh well, I think it was worth it to live in a house in a normal/nice neighborhood for 3 weeks. Our apartment feels so urban sometimes.

2 comments:

Kalli said...

Haha. When we first moved to Dallas we rented a house in the ghetto. Holes in the walls, floors. Cracks in almost all the windows. Smells coming from the 1950's never-updated kitchen. Washer in the kitchen--dryer in the hallway. And iffy neighborhood. Oh how we miss that place! We LOVED having a yard. Loved having a garage. Loved having a personal relationship with the mail man. We loved having a house.

JoSue said...

I like the idea of house sitting. Kinda like swapping lives for a bit. Trying out something new. Sad it's almost over for you guys though. However, I meant to comment on this last time but I agree with being SO vulnerable in a house. No security other than a flimsy lock! I'm sure you won't mind going back to your quadruple locked, elevator-entry, garage parking apartment. You can't beat a 10 minute walking to work though! That's great!