Thursday, January 21, 2010

Love Story...not mine, someone else's

There have been a lot of deaths in the news lately. Because of this, I decided I needed to be a true American and honor one of those laid to rest, Erich Segal. I honored him last night by reading Love Story. Can I just tell you that I cried my eyes out. Bill looked over at me and was like "what is wrong?" as I was wiping the black tear streaks off my face. At that point, I threw the book on the coffee table and proclaimed, "you must read this, it's all about law, you'll love it."
So, I might have pushed the law side of the story more than I should have, but come on, everyone should read this iconic book. We'll see if he fell for my for the bate and actually reads it.
Erich, may you rest in peace.

*I didn't say this was the best book I've ever read, I just think it is something you have to read at some point in your life.
** I cry all the time right now, I can't be held accountable for my emotional status at this point in my life.

7 comments:

Keith and Nicci said...

will have to add that one to my list to read :)

Kate said...

It's only 120ish pages. Very quick!

Renee said...

Sounds like a good story for this time of year. The title isn't fooling me is it?

Maggie said...

Oh My Gosh!!! I can't believe how you took me back 40 years ago!!!! I'm a sophomore in high school, sitting in the movie theater with my best friend, Paula, and her mother Betsy. I'm a pretty quiet crier, but Betsy was SOBBING through the movie. Ali MacGraw, Ryan O'Neal, Ray Milland and even Tommy Lee Jones. Maybe I shouldn't be admitting how old I am.......

The Genealogist said...

Love Story! what a blast from the past. Maggie is absolutely right--this took me back a few years.

Bill said...

Kate left out the part where I responded, "There is no chance that I will ever read that."

Kate said...

Bill, nice try! You never said that. I know you like a great book to cry over.