Monday, January 25, 2010

My poopy car

Not our car, ours was only left on poop street for 1 night

Remember this post I did our first year here about the poop street? Well this street has plagued us for 3 winters now. It truly is the bane of my existence. Why? Because 1) poop street is prime parking, 2) poop street is more than one street, thus more good parking unusable, and 3) even parking around poop street by a small unassuming tree can leave your car looking disgusting.
Oh I hate it. The shame of driving a poop covered car. All it takes is 1 open parking spot which you take out of desperation, and you're done. You can forget having any shred of dignity again until spring.
I drove over to the gas station so that I could wash my windows, I scrubbed for about a half an hour. Those birds poop cement. Later I pulled up the round about of our building to unload my groceries before I parked and what did the doorman say. I'll tell you "Oh girl, I know where you've been parking!"
I should just buck up and fork out the dough for covered parking, but alas I can think of a lot of things I could do with that kind of ca$h. Or better yet, I could think of a way to exterminate those dang crows that should have migrated during the fall.
Hopefully, next year, you won't have to endure my rants about poop street. Cross your fingers.

*Poop street is only poopy during the winter months. And the birds only do their work at night.

9 comments:

Danielle said...

You got hit again?? I know it really stinks not being able to park on that block, but we got pooped on once and that was enough to keep me far away from there. Of course, I only had to worry about it for one year, and only when I was visiting Regents.

Max and I saw a poop car our first week in Chicago, and I took a picture of it because it was the most absurd thing I'd ever seen!

Melissa said...

Ned and I were just talking about poop alley. I have to admit I parked there a lot the parking is just too good, but we did get made fun of for it. I guess I am just too lazy.

JoSue said...

Seriously, there can't be anything worse than bird poop. It just is sick to begin with, but then having to scrub just to be able to see out your windows....man. Honestly, poop season is worth the extra money you're saving. And you only have one poop season left! Take some trashy towels and lay them on your windshield....just a thought. Also, it's weird that it only happens in the winter. Aren't all birds supposed to migrate?

Kalli said...

I'm laughing. Hard. My favorite line? "They poop cement."

Kate said...

It costs $150 a month to park indoors. We only drive our car on the weekends, and I'd rather go out to eat or do anything besides waste money on our "crappy" car. Boo for high priced parking.
Thankfully it rained all night so some of the cemented poop melted off and down the sides. But it looks better than before.
Melissa, you are right, the parking is just too good to pass up. The sacrifices that have to be made!

Whitney said...

Hilarious! And it brings back such fond memories. I did it once and that was enough. :)

Liesl Shurtliff said...

Holy crows, I didn't know about this. How many days of pooping does it take to get your car looking like that? That's really crappy. (Pun intended.)

Bill said...

2. Tops.

The Genealogist said...

Dad says to tell you that "poop happens" but I guess that you already know that.