Sunday, August 1, 2010

Mr Mom

We are alive, I promise. It has just been a busy summer - well busy month of July. First off I went back to work. Lame I know. Something about being responsible and having an income until Bill's job starts. Got to pay the bills:( So Bill has been a stay at home dad all while studying for the CA bar. We made it work. When I got home from work, I would take over and Bill would continue studying until 1 or 2 in the morning. There may have been a day or two when I received a panicked email about a baby not sleeping and thus no studying was accomplished. But over all, it all worked out. And I think Bill enjoyed the time with our babe. I'm sure this was the face made when I walked out the door every day. Just kidding, he was fine.

Also, I ran a 5k this month. I decided I needed a race to motivate me and get back in shape. It went better than I thought, but I looked at the pictures and decided they were all too ugly to post.
Oh yeah, cut my hair way short. I put my faith in Dave to make me look great. He might have failed. It isn't that bad, but I feel like I have mom hair. Dave told me it wasn't a mom cut, it has too much spice for that. Whatever. It's growing on me...get it?! bahahaha. I think I'm growing it out, but I've adjusted and love how easy it is, just not how short it is.
I've also been searching for a new apartment. I'm losing sleep over it. Needless to say, it is very stressful and all consuming - thus no blogging. DC is muy expensive and the apartments are small.
And our final activity of this month was Bill taking the bar. Can I get a hallelujah that it is over?! I've felt like a single mom for the last month. No fun. I know studying for and taking the bar sucked too. Oh well, it's over. Now we have to squeeze in as much fun as possible before we move.
Now onto a busy August, and maybe life will slow down a bit in September. Cross your fingers.

3 comments:

Annette said...

What? Crazy life with kids and studying husbands... I don't believe you :) Just kidding. It sounds like your having a good time though, and I'm sure you're hair isn't that bad. I once made the realization that I had mom hair too...that was frightening and I did whatever I could to change it. But alas, I think moms will always have mom hair.

Britton said...

Congrats on being done with the LAME bar Bill and (just as important) congrats on the proper use of your Bjorn. I used to "wear" Will while I made dinner... gotta love the crazy named apparatus!

Renee said...

Did you cut Asher's hair or is it all perfectly the same length?! He's looking great. Congratulations on finishing the bar!! I hope you guys have lots of fun before your move.
My brother-in-law (not Phil) told me I had mom hair after Will was born... grrrr...