Sunday, January 9, 2011

Update on life

We've got trouble on our hands. This little munchkin is pulling himself up on things. He has left behind (for the most part) his army crawl and is doing a real crawl, he said "dadda" a lot today, not just throwing consonants and vowels together, he says "dadda" on purpose. Oy, why does my baby have to grow up so fast. This picture was taken today when we went in to get him after a nap. Yeah, he was a little angry it took us so long to come in and get him. Bad parenting, but the look on his face is priceless.
It was a father son day on Friday. They both wore their matching University of Chicago Law School shirts. We've been sitting on that little shirt for 3 years now and we finally got to use it. While wearing their matching shirts, they had a lively law conversation going when Asher yelled at Bill "moot". There you have it, the conversation was over. Asher won. Like father like son.
My parents were out the week between Christmas and New Years to babysit our nephew and visit with family. While they were here, we decided to head up to Lancaster, to the Amish community. This picture of a covered bridge is the only picture I took on our visit. And I have to say, I was a little bit disappointed. I expected Amish country to be a little less commercialized. Maybe we just visited the wrong places? Comments?? Anyone who has been agree, or disagree? We went to Intercourse and Bird in Hand. Yeah, those are both names of towns in Lancaster county. Those Amish are wily ones.

4 comments:

Jess Hammond said...

We went to Amish country here and it was quite commercialized as well. I think it was called Amish Acres. We ventured out through the farms on our own and happened upon a few unsuspecting Amish folks. It was quite a fiasco.

Clare said...

When we were living in Marion, we saw horses and buggies going down the street multiple times a week. I also go to a couple Amish stores once in a while. I thought it was weird when we stopped in Amish Country in Indiana during one of my field trips during my Nauvoo semester, but that's probably because I saw it all the time anyway. And, yes, it was weirdly comericalized.

Isaac Byers Family said...

Katie! I have just been thinking the same thing about my baby growing up too fast and since Asher and Jaiton are the exact same age (what 2 hrs apart?-still crazy to me!) I completely understand. I was just asking Isaac today where my sweet little baby went to as Jaiton is destroying everything, pulling up to stand, walking with his push toys, and talking more. Not to mention wearing 18 month clothing! Time flies! Glad you're doing well and had a great Christmas!

the lunch lady said...

i love his angry eyes! he is so cute.