Sunday, July 8, 2007

4th of July

Happy 4 of July one and all, I know this blog is a little late in coming, but we have been out of town- so it's catch up time. Anyway, this 4th, I decided to take advantage of our local 5k for the last time before we move. It is officially known as the Provo Freedom Festival 5k and 10k. It was a pretty good race considering I haven't really been training for anything in particular. I did manage to win my age group- 20-24 and was the 6th women to cross the finish line. So really I suppose I shouldn't be disappointed. I even managed to walk away with a plaque of a foot- lovely trophy I know. Anyways, here is a picture of my faithful husband who comes to watch me race during the wee hours of the morning. He is such a good sport. My training friend- Chelsea ran the 5k with me which was tons of fun. Lucky for me, she is also moving to Chicago this fall where her husband will be attending Northwestern's med school and so we will be able to train and race together many more times!!! (She ran the Boston marathon the year before me.) So for the rest of our 4th, we mostly just lounged around reveling in the fact that neither of us had to work. And we ended our day watching the fireworks of Stadium of Fire which was a pretty spectacular show. So there you have it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Kate, inspired by my slow night at work, I thought to check out your blogs. There's that information-age part of me that really wants to start a blog of my own, but a part of me that is curiously afraid of becoming an addicted "blogger". Anyhow, Steve and I decided we should keep in touch with the Weavers permanently. You know, vacation together once in a while, once we are all professionals of course.
Happy Trails.

Chelsea and Evan said...

You better believe that we are going to train together in Chicago. The Lake Michigan trail seems like a great place for long runs; it might compare to the Provo Canyon Trail. Can't wait for you and Bill to move here, we are way excited!!!