Sunday, July 15, 2007

Gelato


I hate to leave Provo this fall because we just got the most wonderful gelateria called Maestros. I've tried other forms of 'gelato' here in the US of A and it is just ice cream. Nothing has ever compare to the wonderful smooth and creamy taste of Italian gelato, but this place is authentic gelato. When you see it, the ice cream looks fake- like it is plastic for display- just like Italian gelato, and they even have wonderful flavors such as nutella, hazelnut, sweet cream.....oh so many wonderful flavors. Now there ate too many wonderful places to choose from for dessert- Pudding on the Rice, Smart Cookie and Maestros. Life is so hard!

5 comments:

Nanette said...

I'm sure you'll be able to find even more choices in Chicago!

Kate said...

pray tell, and then I'll have to decide between all the wonderful pizza and pastry shops!!!

Farm Girl said...

Ahh, gelato. I'm pretty sure that during the few days I spent in Italy I ate gelato morning, noon and night. No matter how good the gelato is, buying it in an American shopping center will never be the same as buying it off the streets in Italy.

Kate said...

okay well it is as close to real gelato that I've ever tasted here in the states, thats all I'm saying

Mr. Beaver Mountain said...

Provo's a pretty hip place, but Chicago will have way better gelato.