Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The Trek

Last week we had the Harvey family reunion. My dad was in charge of it this year and planned out a handcart trek since many of our ancestors made the trek west via handcart. Anyways, it was surprisingly fun, I would have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed myself and the song Count Your Many Blessings never meant so much until I had to pushed/pulled a handcart loaded with stuff up a hill covered in rocks. It was an adventure to say the least. What added to our adventure was the fact that we had to wear the traditional pioneer garb. I was a technologically advanced pioneer and opted for dry fit shirts and wicking socks, and instead of 7 petticoats- I wore basketball shorts. I know that if the pioneers could have worn these things, they would have. Here are some pictures of us as pioneers etc.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that looks like it was great! Where did the goat come from?

Kate said...

Her name was Ginger, she is Walter- our guides goat- he was training her to be a pack goat. She was very cute!!!