Sunday, July 29, 2007

My lack of creativity

Well it's Grandma Harvey's 80 birthday next week and the only reason why I can blog about this is because I'm pretty sure that the Harvey's don't have internet. Moving on, all the kids and families of the kids have to make a scrap book page for a book we are making her. Since I am not creative at all, I called on my sister Marianne to help me......more like do it for me. I even offered to pay her to do it but she would not consent. So I went over to her house with a couple of pictures and some paper that I picked out and went to work. Well I did a little, you know taping down things and helping her trace.....I even picked out some more paper to use for my page out of her incredibly stocked craft room. Anyways, the page looks great and all I can say is "Job well done Mari, you're a genius when it comes to crafts...well in all things for that matter" Anyways, I think Grandma Harvey will like all the pages that will come from the Michael J Harveys, they all have the same.....shall we say Marianness. I'm saying this as a compliment, the MJ Harveys pages are going to look phenomenal, too bad for all the other Harveys, they will have a lot to live up to. So here is a sneak peak at the page...so hopefully this will help you Liz.

9 comments:

Mr. Beaver Mountain said...

Once again living in Logan has handicapped us. We have no access to Mari or that Mecca, called her Scrapbook Room. We are all alone, trapped in hell; no access to Mari and her bright ideas or the tools of her trade.

Anonymous said...

Ok first, to Derek & Liz - you live in Utah - there are scrapbook stores EVERYWHERE!!!! You guys have dozens & dozens of GREAT pictures - I've seen them!!!
Step 1 - Pretty background paper
Step 2 - Pick out 3 pictures you like (bicycling, work, skiing, family reunion)
Step 3 - Write some cute description next to pictures ("True Love", "Meant for Each Other", "Beauty & the Beast", use your imagination) - Come on - I know you can do it!!!!
2nd - GREAT PAGE, KATE!!!!! You talk a good talk, (and with all respect to the uber-talented Mari) but you've got gobs & gobs of talent!!! Love you, Maggie

Kate said...

If scrapbooking were like running, I think I could hack it, but I don't think I was born with the lobe necessary to scrapbook, it is beyond me. But for Liz and Derek- as Maggie said it best- you can do it. You don't need Martha or Mari to be creative, I know you have that creative lobe. So get to work, Mom just finished hers.

Anonymous said...

Aaaaah, but scrapbooking is like running.....you put one foot down at a time. With scrapbooking, you put one piece of paper down at a time and you can listen to music at the same time!!!!! Better yet! You don't have to eat gooo when scrapping. Go Harveys! She's going to adore her scrapbook.

Farm Girl said...

I know, I know. This shouldn't be this big a deal. But I don't have ANY of that stuff. Die cuts, fancy scissors, ribbons, buttons, embossers, cute papers, glue, tape, corners, creativity...the list goes on and on. Mostly, I just am not excited to do it. But thanks for the encouragement!

Kate said...

Don't worry about fancy scissors, fancy scissors dated- so I've heard. I sitll think they are great for making cute borders for r.s. messages- you know when you drop off a treat w/ a message because you couldn't visit them this month. Don't worry about it, you'll do great. If you want more tips, email Maggie or Mari. you should see the book maggie did with all of Bills mission stuff. It is great.

Nanette said...

I was just thinking about posting our scrap book page too! I also enlisted Marianne's help. I am sizzorless, paperless,and talentless too. Yours looks fantastic Kate!

Bill said...

8 comments. New record!

Mr. Beaver Mountain said...

New record, now it’s time for a new post. 9 comments smashes the old record!