Tuesday, July 3, 2007

The Hood



So as some of you might know, our landlord is determined to raise the rent after we leave because "this neighborhood is too nice, people would gladly pay more to live in this place." Well I don't know how much time he actually spends in this neighborhood. So let me tell you about the hood. Well I suppose we will start with our neighbors to the east. The 'weirdo family' or the place with the yurt. They are an eccentric family, their family vehicles consist of a giant economy van, and a tiny car and extremely tiny truck-as you can see, I made Bill stand beside the car so you could see that it is Mr. Bean sized. The father of this odd clan is also quite different himself. Unfortunately I couldn't very well take his picture, but so you understand he wears kilts all the time, cargo kilts, camouflage kilts, kilts with pants underneath, and kilts with chacos. Let me tell you, nothing makes me happier than seeing this tall man drive up in his tiny truck wearing a kilt and chacos. They are very nice people just eccentric. (they also have a yurt, and currently it is decorated red white and blue, in celebration of the 4th- very festive). Our neighbor down below is crazy and very stinky- imagine a stinky bachelor pad and multiply that by...10. I try to stay away from him. Our neighbors to the west have a lot of kids, they are fairly normal. And finally, (of the neighbors I feel inclined to include) we have our neighbors across the street. Liz and Derek can testify to the madness that lives in that house. Bill and I have come home several times during our time here to see a line of police cars in front of their house. Lets just say that sitting out on our front porch at night watching their house is like watching the Jerry Springer show. Their young kids have a large vocabulary of bad words which they use everyday, whether speaking to their parents or a passer by. Lovely family. So maybe raising the rent is a good idea, the entertainment you get by living here is definitely worth $75 extra bucks.

1 comment:

Renee said...

Yeah, I wasn't too impressed by your landlord after he yelled at me because he didn't know how to leave a message on my cell phone. Maybe your neighbor will start renting out the yurt, and the competition will force him to lower the rent.