Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Tiny Living


On my Google homepage, an article was featured about living in small spaces. They had a warning section and in it, it stated "There is a substantial investment involved in building or buying a tiny home. Be sure you are physically and mentally prepared."
So check out this house in Alexandria, VA. It is called the Spite House because it was built out of spite, of course. How very charming, but I don't think I'm the right kind of person for a tiny home. Our first year of marriage we lived in a little studio, and I've been cured ever since of quaint living spaces. I suppose the lack of heat, a horrific mouse problem, and the ceiling dripping on our bed probably heavily influenced our feelings toward this place, but the article is correct, you must be physically and mentally prepared.

Image from Apartment Therapy.com

1 comment:

LuAnn said...

Interesting. Maybe it would be cool to have a Tiny House as a vacation home in a place where the weather is perfect and you spend the majority of your time outside and just need a place to sleep. But seriously...to live there all the time! I'd go mad. What if you tried to put a kid in there. Oh my. I'll have to go take a walk past the Spite House.