Friday, June 26, 2009

New Car Windshield


Remember my post from Vegas when I got a big fat crack up the middle of my windshield after going through the car wash in 110 degree weather. Well this winter the crack spread so now it is L shaped (why doesn't anyone tell you not to run your window defrost on a cracked window? It's like that time the radiator was taking its last breaths and I was still cranking the AC - oops) Apparently, I learn through experience. Anyway, I need to get my windshield replaced and I've been reading through reviews on auto shops, and just about everyone talks about getting their windshield replaced because their car was broken into. Remember the good old days, or Utah days, where you get your windshield replaced because of a crack from a rock....not from a bat? Knock on wood.

Image from here

4 comments:

Whitney said...

Check out Ashland Tire's prices. I've always had a good experience with them. Doesn't putting money into a car stink?

Kalli said...

When Nate and I got married his Aunt had her window broken and purse stolen from the front seat--in the temple parking lot.

Another story, our car got side-swiped one night while we were peacefully sleeping. (When we lived in the Dallas ghetto.) It turned out to be one of the greatest things ever because the insurance company gave us $1000, Nate bought the parts he needed on-line and fixed most everything himself, and in the end we were $600 richer. So bats could be a blessing in disguise.

Kate said...

but see they don't just bash in your window, they usually take stuff too. lucky for us, we haven't had any problems like that. Besides, one look at our car, and you would find another car to break into.
But, I"m always game for an extra $600.

the lunch lady said...

why do car parts have to be so expensive??