Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Car Wash

Yeah, that's totally my car, nice little BMW

I love to go to the car wash. I would love it more, if we had a car that was worth keeping clean, but I'm happy to go with anyone else to get their car washed. My favorite car wash is the kind where they have the spinning brushes, not the stupid touch-less car wash, those are stupid.
I went to the car wash while I was in Utah with my sister. We sat in the car, opened the cover of the sun roof (roof remained closed) and squealed (isn't that what sister do?). Oh yes, it was so much fun.
So the other day, I went to get the car washed because Bill is going to a wedding in St. George and he didn't want to drive up in a car that looked like it had been in a tornado of bugs. So being the good wife that I am, went to the car wash and lucky me it was a mop/brush kind!!!!! I was jamming out in my car to NPR talk of the Olympics while the wash was going, when I start to notice a large crack forming on my windshield. It was going right up the center, vertically. I'm totally bugged. I'm not going to be able to pass inspections with this huge crack.
Kind of like this, except straight up the middle

You can forget everything I just said rotating brush car wash, you're dead to me now!

6 comments:

the lunch lady said...

I'm sorry about the crack -- but there is nothing like a good carwash -- spitting foaming soap at you, the brushes descending on your car, scaring your small children. Good stuff. I'm glad that was the highlight of your time with me.

Nanette said...

Noooo! dang it! Don't worry. When we had a big ol' crack in our windshield, it took less than 20 minutes to put a new shield on AND he came to our place!

Elle and I like to pretend we're being eaten by aliens and monsters when we go to the car wash. We scream. So much fun!

The Genealogist said...

Ohh, I am so sorry. Do you have glass coverage on your insurance?

Keith and Nicci said...

So, have you seen any of those "do-it-yourself" carwashes around here by chance? We're looking for one of those in Vegas, but I suppose as long as it doesn't crack my windshield too, the kind you had will do as well:)

Kate said...

I didn't know that anyone offered glass insurance. so no, we don't have it. As for hand car washes, I saw one on Tropicana, however, it is really far from your place.

And it may not take more than 20 minutes, but it will still cost us $200. ouch.

p.s. nan- I thought you were going to email me the results of that book??!?

Lehis said...

Hi guys... I love reading your blog. I make Aaron take my car to the car wash. I feel like creepy people work there... I avoid it. I have to tell you Bill, I was watching an old tape from my 17th birthday and you by far gave me the best gift. You video taped your rendition of "Shauna... the Amazon Woman". I totally forgot you use to do that. I have watched it about 4 times since Saturday and just can't stop laughing about it... neither can Aaron... he really wants to meet this Shauna girl. Anyway, it made me miss your crazy sense of humor. So... thanks to the best gift... cause 8 years later, I'm still enjoying it!
-Brandi