Monday, August 18, 2008

California = Perfect Weather

Bill and I went to California this weekend to visit my brother and his family. They only live 4 hours away, how could we pass up a visit. So we set out on Friday night and did the following :Stopped in Baker to eat here. They Gyros were tasty.
Bill got his butt kicked by a 6 year old playing table tennis on the Xbox.
We went down to see the stars and we were lucky enough to see scary Micheal Jackson!
More stars!
Made a trip over to the tar pits of L.A. This is a prehistoric sloth of some sort. Nice hu?
Here is a Bill standing next to a tar pit that has filled with water, and behind him is a Wholly Mammoth running to it's death.
We also made it down to the beach. This is my brother and his family. They always have their Christmas picture taken down at the beach, and they are usually wearing about the same thing. They like to rub it in our face that California does have the most perfect weather year round.
Us, just in case you couldn't tell.
The sun was setting, it was perfect weather and there were little sand crabs everywhere, and....I like the beach. So here is another picture!
Bill is happy. He is smiling.........see?
Kate is happy, she is jumping for joy because of all the fun we were having! (my form is definitely as good if not better than Nastia's and Shawn's)
And finally, we saw a real celebrity (I like to look for stars besides on the sidewalks when we go to L.A.). We saw this Doctor with a famous zip code at church. Altogether, we had a great trip!

And for my last bit of news, we only have to deal with sweltering heat for 4 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

the lunch lady said...

jumping for joy!!!! to see you in a few days . . .

Jobi Niu said...

KAte looks like you guys had so much fun in Cali.. I'm jealous! Cute pics yo. I went to the rec Center today and swam with my boys I actually thought of you and how life was back in the good ol' lifeguarding/swim lesson days... wow!

Whitney said...

I can't wait until we all get back home safe and sound in Chicago. We'll see you at the end of September!

Anonymous said...

Especially The Bay Area=Perfect Weather! You guys should move here someday and we can hang out.

Kate said...

Whitney, you guys aren't coming back to the promise land until end of Sept? Wow, that is a long time. Getting paid makes a long summer easier.
Jobi, I go to the most ghetto rec center here in LV, I really do miss the good ol' days of AFFC.
Renee, Bay Area= outrageously expensive and suicidal commutes. We'll come for a visit:)
L.L., just a few more days, we can do it!