Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Where Have all the Good Carts Gone?

The other day, my sister and I were talking about grocery carts. We have come to the conclusion that the days of good working grocery carts are gone. Has anybody else noticed this? I feel like every time I go to the grocery store, I grab a cart and it constantly veers to the right. So I turn around and grab another one. It, of course it has a bum wheel that won't rotate anymore and thus makes a lot of noise when you drag it along. So I try a third time and if all else fails, I’ll just get a stupid basket. Why, oh why? Why isn’t there ever a grocery cart that works anymore? Where have they all gone?
Now I could be wrong about all of this, it's just a theory. But I'm starting to think that all those signs around your grocery store that state that the cart wheels will lock upon leaving the store premise must be false! It has to be a a scare tactic, or else people are just picking up the cart and carry it off the property.

6 comments:

Nanette said...

There are people here who have the job of driving around the city picking up carts that have 'wandered' I am REALLY grateful for the wet wipes the grocery stores provide. ;)

LuAnn said...

Kate, I don't think I've ever commented on your blog, but I'm always entertained. But I do have to mention that my friend did indeed experience a locking cart. Because she didn't want to pay to park at Target in Miami she parked down the street and her cart locked at the end of the lot. Maybe there are still good carts still in Miami???

LuAnn said...

lu lu is LuAnn Oliver by the way.

Farm Girl said...

You know who has GREAT carts? Ikea. They positively float accross the floor.

Violet said...

Those locking carts are totally real! As soon as you reach a certain limit, the cart can no longer go forward and just locks...I think it's kinda cool!


(that's right, I said "totally," but I'm in California, so I can :) )

Kate said...

I totally use totally all the time and I'm not from Cali. Totally proud of it too!