Friday, August 29, 2008

Good Food Friday


Since it is still summer time, though not as hot here in Utah, I'm posting one more salad for the season. This salad is delectable and fresh (did I ever mention how much I like fresh) and it is worth trying, heck you should probably make if for your Labor Day celebration. So I present to you:
Salad with Sweet and Sour Poppy Seed Dressing

For the Salad:
Wash and tear romaine lettuce and fresh spinach. Mix and place on a plate. Layer on shredded mozzarella cheese, tomato wedges, sliced cucumber, red onion rings, fresh sliced mushrooms, cooked chicken cut into chunks, and avocado slices. Top with poppy seed dressing.

Dressing:
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cut sugar
2 Tlb chopped red onion
1 tsp dried mustard
1 tsp salt
1 cut oil
1 1/2 tablespoon poppy seed

Place vinegar, sugar, onion, mustard, and salt in blender. Mix until blended. On slow speed pour in oil, and poppy seeds. Wisk for a few seconds. Store in covered jar in refrigerator. Makes 1 1/2 cups dressing.

Try it, you'll like it!

3 comments:

the lunch lady said...

you are making me hungry!

Keith and Nicci said...

We're going to have this for dinner tonight now. And I've decided to just try out all your good food friday recipes on the weekends too, since you have good taste and do all the work for me (except being here to cook it for me, of course:)

Clare said...

Oh my gosh, this lady in my ward makes this salad and I love it! She made it for a RS dinner and it was gone so fast. I use swiss cheese on it and it totally makes it.