Thursday, August 7, 2008

My.....Our Anniversary


If any of you are feeling sad, fear no more, I have something to cheer you up. I'm going to tell you about my anniversary, okay our anniversary. Yesterday, Bill and I celebrated our 3rd anniversary. We are so old. I was grumpy for the whole day. It started out that I was in the shower when maintenance guys came by and started pounding on my door. I had it locked. They pounded some more, and then they let them selves in. I yelled from the shower to get out. They yelled back that they had to come in. I told them to get out anyways. So they got out, and I grabbed a towel, stuck my soapy head out the door and told them to come back in 20 minutes. Stupid guy gave me attitude. I was bugged. Then I had to wait all day to go and pick up my man. I waited and waited. I knitted, I talked to my mom, I went to the library to check my non-existent emails and I waited some more. Then the hour finally came, hurray. So I drove down to his work, parked where I always park when I'm waiting for him to come down (next to a fire lane) and stupid parking police lady came and gave me attitude that my wheels are stopped, which means I'm park and told me to get lost. My bad mood came back, especially because Bill took his sweet time coming down from his office and it was 104 yesterday (cooler than usual but still way too hot). So I'm baking in our car until Bill comes down, I tried to put on a happy face, but it was no good.......until we got to our first activity of the night!
We saw The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2!! Mock me if you like, but it was fun. It didn't follow the 2nd book really at all, but I'm all about a silly movie occasionally. It gets better, Bill was one of three men there that night and I thought it was hilarious. I can never doubt his love for me, not after that movie. Oh yeah, the other great thing about the movie, Lena (Alexis Bledel), has lots of freckles!!!!!!!!
Okay, so after the movie, we went to a tasty restaurant called Rosemary's. Oh yum, that place was so good. We had all sorts of great/controversial food. The flavors were fantastic, the service was incredible, it was fine dining at its best. Besides all the great food, my favorite part was at the end of our meal, after we had had dessert (because I love dessert), the chef sent us a plate of bite sized desserts and wrote in chocolate "Happy Anniversary". It was a great night! The end

**Be jealous, how many of you can get your man to go to a traveling pants movie on opening night!?!

9 comments:

chel said...

Congrats on making it to three years. I just came across your blog and thought that I would say "hi!"
And I know what you mean about hot...we are living in Mesa, Arizona right now and it is always hot.

Clare said...

Clint and I will be 4 years old on Sunday. We're going out for pizza tomorrow night - I don't think anything else exciting will happen.

the lunch lady said...

I'm sorry you were grumpy. Stupid maintenance/police people. But, Happy Anniversary! Sounds like your evening was fun at least.

JoSue said...

The second movie, unfortunately, is based off the last three books in the series. So I'm sure they included tidbits of the second book but not the entire thing. Anyway, just a little FYI to calm your fears about the movie content. The third and fourth book were actually pretty good so hopefully the movie was too. Way to go Bill! We might go to it on our way home from Dallas, but the subject is still up for debate. We shall see. Sounded like a fun night though! I LOVE that picture of you guys.

Eric said...

i am always wondering if that maintenance guy story will happen to me! i get a little nervous every time i have to shower when eric is gone, and picture the same thing happening to me that happened to you... well, i'm glad that you had some fun on your anniversary- congrats! our third year ann. is august 13, and hopefully we'll do something as fun as you guys!

katherine said...

I love that picture of the two of you! And seriously, my worst fear is maintenance coming while I'm in the shower. I NEED to see that movie!

S said...

Congrats on the Anniversary! And a bigger congrats on getting your spouse to a chick flick!

Larson Family said...

L-O-V-E that picture! Wierd that you have no emails, since I totally wrote you back and am now expecting one from you! Glad you had a good night at least and fun with Bilbo.

Kate said...

ever since, I've propped a chair up against the door. Dangerous, I know, but gross maintenance men are a worse threat.