Thursday, August 14, 2008

To All Ye Soda Drinkers


I like soda so I drink Diet Coke. I like it mostly because it’s diet. Let’s be honest, diet is just something you have to get used to, and I’m used to it by now. I would gladly drink another diet soda if it were any good. Okay, Diet Dr. Pepper is pretty dang good, but most places don’t serve it. But wouldn’t it be great if Diet Sprite or Diet Root beer were actually bearable to drink. Or how about this, Diet Orange Fanta. That would be a dream come true. I love Orange Fanta. So now I'm curious about your soda drinking habits. Please take the following survey for me because I just have to know why you drink Diet Coke (or insert Pepsi if you like) and leave a comment with one of the following.

I drink Diet beverages because:
(A)-I love the artificial sweeteners in Diet sodas
(B)-there aren’t any other diet options
(C)-I don’t drink any diet sodas, I’m a purest
(D)-I need the buzz from a caffeinated beverage, and I don’t want to waste 140+ calories on non-diet.

9 comments:

Erin said...

E- All of the above...except for C.

Diet Cherry Coke is good so is Fanta. Also the Hansen sodas from Trader Joes are pretty tasty. Beware of the diet ginger ale, though, it's potent.

how's vegas?

Erin said...

I meant Fresca.

Paige said...

C. For some reason the sweeteners in diet sodas have this horrible aftertaste that I can't stand. And like you say, regular soda has an astounding amount of evil high fructose corn syrup, so I end up drinking water. Or a good cane sugar soda, if it's a special occasion.

JamesnMeagan said...

I definitely don't drink diet sodas I think they taste gross. I don't drink soda very often, so I go all out when I do.

Larson Family said...

Love Diet Cherry Coke although I haven't had soda in a long time. I just can't do the caffeine thing. My sleep is too screwed up as it is. Can't wait to see you!

Clare said...

C. Unless it's something like fresca and only diet. I do love grapefruit soda. But really, I don't drink much soda anyway and if I do it's not generally caffeinated anyway.

Kate said...

B- there aren't any other diet options. Lets be real, diet is gross, but I tolerate it. I wish I could pass down a soda, but a diet beverage saves me from the world of giant rice crispy treats or fudge brownies, all of which contain loads of yummy fat and tasty calories.

Vegas.....only one more week!!!!
I'm going to LA for the weekend, see you lata Las Vegas Suckas!

Keith and Nicci said...

I don't drink pop, but I do eat fried Oreos (at least I think so) and we are so up for that next week! Call me when you get back in town and we'll figure out details!

Jobi Niu said...

I'm obsessed with Diet Dr. Pepper, I think it tastes better than non-diet actually. HAve you ever tried a diet dr pepper with vanilla flavoring in it from Sonic??? It's to DIE FOR! YUM FREAKIN YUM! My answer to your survey would probably be D though..