Friday, October 19, 2007

Are we in Florida?

Check it out, this picture was taken at 5:30 pm ct. Yes, I know it is kind of hard to see and it is really dark, but that is the point. This my friends was a crazy hurricane like storm that pounded the Midwest- some my call it Erin, others Andrew, I prefer "Carol" like one of my co-workers that can be dark and luminous (name changed for purpose of anonymity). This storm was full of rage and anger and blasted through Chicagoland with a vengeance.
5:00 pm ct rolls around and it is pretty nice outside...warm and the chances of rain seemed far off. So I decided to walk home and stop at the market to pick up some flat leaf parsley. Well as soon as I walked out of the market, it started sprinkling, so I pulled out the umbrella. Then it started raining harder and I must mention that I saw a bum go up to a planter box, grab a hand full of dirt and stuff it in his mouth....gross.
Back to the story, it started raining harder, and then the wind kicked in and turned my umbrella inside out (hate it when that happens). To make a long story short, it was so windy and raining so hard that I was drenched all the way up to my rain jacket. You couldn't see in front of you and all the planter boxes were so full of water that they spilled out rivers of mud. Hurricane Carol, like my co-worker, brought forth mass chaos- people running and screaming everywhere...which lasted well into this morning. But today, it is a little nicer. Still windy but no rain- that is yet. But I think that hurricane Carol, the inland hurricane, has moved on to sandier pastures, known as the East. Arrivaderci Carol!

4 comments:

Chelsea and Evan said...

I totally got caught up in the storm too!!! I just got off work and was walking home, when all of a sudden a huge hailstorm came over. I could not believe the size of the hail. Anyways, I am glad that you experienced it too!!!

katherine said...

Holy cow. Boy am I glad I'm in sunny Houston.

Bill said...

Yeah, those 30 minutes were horrible. Good thing it's 75 today.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad Katie blogged that storm. I woke up to the news trying to sensationalize the weather system and of course they focused on the hail storm in Chicago. I was actually not too worried because everyone they interviewed in Chicago was laughing about the storm. As always, love your blogs - love you too!