Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Kids are Mean

This morning while I was lying in bed, unable to sleep, this song came into my head that was sung to this girl that I went to elementary school with. Unfortunately, I don't remember the actual name in the jingle, just the name that my classmates inserted, it goes like this (her name was Becky) "Big Big Becky, put it together and what do you get, a big big Becky construction set". Yes Becky was kind of over weight, but wow, kids are so mean. It got worse, her last name was Peed, and guess what, Becky Peed really did pee her pants in sixth grade during math class. Do you think she ever lived that down...lets just say elementary school was a tough time for her. Then there was a girl name Jennaway- I blame her parents for this nickname- again my mean classmates had a name for her too- it was Bengay or Bennagay, just depended on how obnoxious they wanted to be. Sadly, I still chuckle over this nickname- it is pretty clever and again, very mean, but what were her parents thinking when they named her Jennaway? Bill and I have sworn that when we have a kid someday, we will run all of the names we chose through a sixth grader and see what kind of insults can result from the name. Lucky for me, my name is so common that there were always 3 or more Katies in every class I had. Thus for my elementary career, I was labeled Katie H. Nothing too stupid can come from Katie H....the only stupid thing that came from my name was "The Harvster" but I consider this relatively humane. And finally we have Mrs Anderson, wife of the local mortician/English teacher at AFJR. She was crazy to begin with but there was always this rumor going around that she wore mortuary make-up. I even remember one kid asking her about it during the middle of class. We thought her face would melt off because of this make-up for the dead. So what name were you called, or what did you call other people? Don't be afraid, we all have a guilty past, and besides, you can't be held accountable for your juvenile actions in elementary school, right?

5 comments:

Mr. Beaver Mountain said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mr. Beaver Mountain said...

Since you seem so sure that we can't be held accountable for elementary school transgressions…

“Everybody knows Caprice picks her nose. She rolls it in the dirt and saves it for desert.”

Caprice was a tomboy that went to my elementary school (Rock Canyon). She was better than or just as good as all of us in sports. We obviously ridiculed her for this.

Bill said...

Everyone called me "Master & Commander of All Kitchen Appliances".

Anonymous said...

Sarah Cooper pooper scooper. It was kind of catchy.

Anonymous said...

> Unfortunately, I don't remember the actual name in the jingle...

Big Big Loaderrrrrrrrrrr!

(Trust TOMY to think of it!)