Sunday, October 7, 2007

Chicago Marathon!

Hurray for the Chicago Marathon! My friend Chelsea and I decided to go watch the marathon this morning. I know most of you think that watching people run isn't fun, but I would say we had a great time.....right Chels. Chelsea lives in downtown, so I just road my bike into the city via the trail that goes around the lake and met her at her apartment. It was only 8 hot and humid miles from our apartment to hers, but riding my bike was the best option- way cheaper and faster. We wore our Boston paraphernalia and cheered on the runners at miles 3 and 11. It was pretty crazy considering there was 45,000 people racing- see bottom picture. We both felt kind of sad that we weren't joining the throngs of people in their journey of suffering, but now I know what Bill sees- and he will see plenty more. The best part about the race besides not being able to see the finish was getting home in time to listen to conference, hurray for CT-11:00-1:00pm conference sessions. So there you have it, Chicago marathon 2007- so everyone schedule a trip to Chicago for Chicago marathon 2008!






6 comments:

tyler and ali said...

Can you please borrow that chicken-riding suit and wear that when you run your next marathon? I would really think you were the bomb-diggity if you did!
ali

Kate said...

Well who knows if the guy in the chicken suit even finished. I found out this morning that they closed the race down due to the heat- 300 people were sent to the hospital b/c of the heat (core temps reaching 105)- 1 person died, and the elite times haven't been that slow since 1963 or some early year.

the lunch lady said...

It's a bad year for marathons.

Mr. Beaver Mountain said...

This is the link to a great blog post on politics, cheating, and marathons.

http://mungowitzend.blogspot.com/2007/10/cheating-yer-doin-it-wrong.html

Check it out. You'll like it.

Bill said...

Man, Kate. That last picture is really great photography.

Kate said...

very funny post. I did a research paper on the PRI- I can't remember what I was arguing, but I remember seeing that their reign was corrupt.