Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Hallelujah


We have a great word, pretty diverse. Well maybe not too diverse because it is probably 65-70% white graduate students and the rest African Americans from the south side of Chicago. So our ward can be pretty exciting at times. Lots of converts. So every Sunday, Bill and I are excited to go to church because you just never know what is going to happen. Well this last Sunday was pretty calm- nothing to exciting- until Sacrament meeting. It was great, I loved it. The primary got up to do a musical number and it was fantastic. I'm laughing just thinking of it. The children were all standing so reverently with their teachers and the chorister and then the music began. I wasn't familiar with the song they were singing, but it was gospel like. One of the teachers pulled out her sand blocks and then the chorister and all the children started swaying back and forth to the beat- and getting really into the song. They even used dynamics throughout the song- it was impressive. It was so fun! I was just waiting for their arms to be waving and burst of hallelujahs. Of course I can't do justice to this musical number in this blog, but take my word for it. At the end of the song, I whispered to Bill "I feel like we should be clapping" and low and behold quite a few people started clapping and there was also a giant "Amen" from the back- this guy says loudly Amen and uh-huh frequently.

3 comments:

Nanette said...

I'm surprised it's taken you so long to post nuns on your blog! That tops our primary program--we even had the ancient Larry King make an appearance. (in the audience only, of course) he's a mean "father" no patience at all for those boys.

Mr. Beaver Mountain said...

Larry's older step son (same marriage) went to my high school at the same time I did. He was on the football team, and Larry was the guest announcer at one of home games. It was cool to have Larry at Timpview, but it was even better when Republican Presidential hopeful Bo Gritz repelled out of helicopter on to our football field.

Also, I lived the Ghettos of Houston and I know where you’re coming from. Those are the best wards.

Mrs. Ordinary said...

Hi Katie! What a great surprise to find your blog (from the Woffindens'). You look great! --Jen Hunt (patandjen.blogspot.com)