Thursday, December 6, 2007

6 Honest Things You May Not Know About Me

This is my first tag, and I think it is really exciting- at least for now.

1. I used to wear glasses in elementary school because my eyes didn't work together. Those glasses wearing days of elementary school were filled with face injuries. My glasses were like a magnet to rubber balls on the play ground. For instance- I remember distinctly in 5th grade standing on the black top talking to my friends and looking up- just in time to see a red rubber ball come sailing across the playground and nail me in the face. Luckily my crazy eye problem ended and I was then able to avoid countless face injuries. But in high school I started wearing glasses again- my smart yet fake glasses and I would only wear them on test days, or just when I needed to be smart. I loved them. And now, I just read Hollywood's blog about glasses for $8, and I'm strongly considering buying some new smart glasses.

2. I heart jackets! Some people love to accessorize with rings, earrings, necklaces, you know, a little bling bling. Not me, I love jackets. A jacket can make or break an outfit. I mean, you need a jacket for all occasions- rain, snow, shine, warm, chilly, windy- thus you need: down, gortex, trench, faux fur, wind breaker, fleece, soft shell, hard shell, and of course, just a cute jacket (and it's on sale Bill- talk to me about sizes!)

3. I was a Miracle! Well I'm sure/hope my mom and dad would say so. My siblings on the other hand would consider me another M word- Mistake. How mean.

4. I hate whistlers. I think this strong hatred comes from my dear sister Liz who would yell at me to stop whistling when we were young. So now I don't whistle, and when someone is whistling in public- ie- bus, train, elevator, sidewalk- I want to yank their whistler out.

5. I'm all signed up for the Boston Marathon- 2008!

6. My dream car growing up was a mini van- because I hated sitting between Chris and Liz on the long drives from Kansas to Utah. Both are tall, and both felt justified in sitting spread eagle- thus taking up my tiny allotment of space in back seat. All I wanted was captain seats. My dream car never came, and it never will. Audi Allroad- here I come (in many years)! You may call me the Wagon Master!

Now, I will tag......Liz, Mari, Nan, Suzy, and Katherine. Get to work, I need something new to read!

4 comments:

JoSue said...

Thanks for doing this tag thing and by the way, I hate whistlers too! But only because I never learned how and are envious of them. Kate, use your whistling skills....it's a gift. :) I agree with the jacket comment. I love them but never seem to buy the right one. I find myself frequently standing in front of my closet wishing I had the 'right' jacket to go with what I was wearing. Maybe you need to mentor me....

Farm Girl said...

I refuse to take responsibility for your aversion to whistling. And as I recall, you were doing A LOT of (high pitched) whistling at one point.

Kate said...

I know, I am guilty of whistling an obnoxious whistle, but now I never do- EVER!

Nanette said...

I thought your siblings called you the R word.
Your leg sprawling, whistling brother continues to leg sprawl and whistle.
I don't mind it too much, except when he whistles when I'm talking on the phone--now THAT is loud!