Sunday, December 2, 2007

Thanksgiving Update- Belated

Forgive me for this long awaited post on Thanksgiving. I don't have much access to Bill's computer since he has been studying for finals since before the great feast. So here is the Thanksgiving update now- only a little more than a week late.
Oh Thanksgiving, so much to say where to start? The feast was great. We had a great turn out with Bill's parents in town and a few friends from the ward and back home. We had tons of food!!! That probably deserves way more explanation points but since this is a blog and not a talk directed to the primary children, I will reserve them for a later date. We had so much food, I don't think anything was even half way gone from delightful green bean casseroles, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn bread, berry pie, lemon meringue, ginger carrots, you name it, we had it. The food turned out fabulous, and we really couldn't have asked for better company.
Bill was in charge of the turkey and did a great job, I made home made rolls and they actually turned out! I also made 2 pumpkin pies and an apple pie- these were not as successful as my rolls. In fact, at 2pm (1 hour before the feast) I got fed up with my pie crusts and ran across the street to Village Foods to buy some crusts. I totally cheated. Oh well, they still tasted good. Anyways- oh yes, and the stuffing. We had more than you can imagine, we probably should have taken it down to the local soup kitchen, we could have fed 50+ people and still had left overs. All in all, it was a great day! Here are the only pictures that were taken with our camera, for more extensive, and I mean way more extensive pictures, email Bill's mom.