Wednesday, December 19, 2007

We're Here!

Just wanted to let you all know that we made it to Utah safe and sound, so you can stop holding your breath now. However, the flight was extremely turbulent.... bumps with smelly people and lots of babies. Great combination.
Now to my next item of business. I just finished Anna Karenina and I need to talk about it. So if you've made it through this book- please comment (you know, what did you think, did you like it, how about that ending, favorite and least favorite character, you get the gist of it). If you have not read the book, read comments at your own risk!

3 comments:

Eric said...

I've read Anna Karenina and I really, really liked it. It's strange to think I liked it so much, because it's all about adultery. But I think it really showed how awful it is for everyone involved and how it ruins lives. I read it this past summer, so I don't remember how to spell any of those strange names, but my favorite character was the guy that worked on the farm (his name started with an "L"). Anyway- I loved it!

Kate said...

Oh good, I'm glad you commented. I liked it, although I haven't decided if I really really liked it yet. There of course were some slow parts, you know, when Anna was going crazy- and what an awful way to die. Oh....horrific! But that was what made it such a great tragedy! I think that Stiva should have died- he deserved it, his poor wife. And I thought Kitty was going to die in the lightning storm. The more I talk about it the more I like the book. Oh yes, his name was Levin and he was a great character!

Anonymous said...

An English teaching major recommended that book to me, and I liked it. I like to brag that I finished the whole huge mammoth of a book. I thought the farming and economics part was the most dry. Levin was my favorite character! It took a while for him and kitty to come around, but they both grew up, and Levin had a great spiritual awakening. I felt bad for Anna because women had it so rough at that time and place, but then I couldn't condone her floozy tendencies either. I love the starting of the book too. Happy families are all alike. Unhappy families are all unhappy in different ways. Hey, no family is perfect but that's what makes it interesting.