Monday, December 31, 2007

Kate wants a puppy

I have a problem. I love animals too much. Well I don't really think this is a problem but apparently the pets do. We just got back from Utah and my sister's cat named Pal is living with the Parents. He is a pretty cat and lives up to the cat species- sassy and better than everyone else. Mostly he just wants to be left alone, but I can't leave him alone. I'm like a little kid, I see the furry feline and I have to pet it. He is just so soft and sweet- when he wants to be that is. I even kissed (on the head), this cat until I saw him trot up to the porch with a bird in his mouth. So now I keep this killer away from my face. But other than that, I can't resist him. And then there was my sweet old dog Wicket Lawrence Harvey, the best Shi Tzu you could ask for. Now this was really one of the pets that I couldn't resist. I would follow him day and night, and like pal, he would run from me day and night. I would swaddle him in baby doll blankets (see below), and take really good care of him. I tolerated his old man stink and gas problems, I took him on walks, bathed him, shared my bed, I even shared my ice cream cones with him. We were the best of friends, in my eyes at least. But I've decided I need to get over this animal love addiction so that when we finally have a dog, it will be my most loyal friend and not run off to Bill as soon as he walks in the door (like when my sister would come home from college, you couldn't peel Wicket from her side, he loved her cold bedroom and small cuddly bed- in fact, he loved her so much that when she brought home her fiance, he peed on him and or his things numerous time). Maybe I've just been going through animal withdrawal my whole life. Maybe a soft furry blanket would do the trick. Bill write that down, soft furry blanket for next gift exchange. By then I will be ready for woman's best friend- a puppy.

5 comments:

Nanette said...

AW! You and little Wicket are so cute!

Anonymous said...

Kate? Pinky can be in a crate and on a plane tomorrow!!!!!!!!

Happy New Year to you and Bill.

Love Ya,
The Washington Dad

Farm Girl said...

This from the girl who is always calling my cat weird and looking at me like I'm weird for having a cat. In the end it all comes down to pure cat envy. I knew it.

Erin said...

I never thought I'd be a cat person, but I really like our little Elvis. Phil is begging me to get a dog, but I'm making him buy me a house first.

aly said...

kate...cats are gross! i miss you! jobi said she ran into during the christmas season! how is chicago?